Sunday, July 9, 2017

Vacation Mega Post

 All of you were correct! Seattle, Washington was the destination! I had never been, and so a friend and I flew in for three full days - leaving early in the morning on the fourth day.  This post is all sightseeing based and no food. I don't get a lot of time with her, so when we weren't moving there was a lot of catching up. I wish it had been more adventurous, food wise, but all the more reason to visit there again.

The weather was perfect: never warmer than the low 80s with a cool breeze off of the water.  Enjoy the photos (all taken on phone!).

 

 Pike Place Market above, Gum Wall below
 Views from the Seattle Great Wheel
 
 4th of July Fireworks from South Lake Union (no filter!)

 Space Needle and Chihuly Gardens



 Harbor Cruise
 Day trip to Bainbridge Island (35 minutes on a ferry)




 It doesn't look real, but this is Mt. Rainier from the plane on the morning back:

I brought a few items back for family, and for myself:

And with that - summer is half over, and now I return to regularly scheduled programming. See you on Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. Yay!! You made me miss Seattle so much! It looks like you saw so much! Isn't it a great city? I never saw the bubble gum wall mostly because it grosses me out so much, haha! The market is a fun thing to check out and you goy such beautiful shots of the city and fireworks. I should have done the harbor cruise while I was there, how beautiful. What an amazing capture of Mt. Rainier!! I love your souvenirs, how perfect! The glass beads are stunning. I'm sure you ate really well, Seattle has so many amazing vegan options to choose from!

    I can't believe it's half over! Seems like you've been having a great summer! Looking forward to living vicariously through you for the second half :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so fortunate to have been there during great weather! It is so gorgeous, one could easily forget the months on end of gloom. I guess that is the trade off?

      Fireworks at Lake Union was definitely once in a lifetime. We had to wait for hours and then hoof it over a mile back to the hotel. They are actually earrings made of the beads!

      My friend eats fish, so we went to restaurants where she could have that, and I could have options. Mostly I ate roasted vegetable salads, lentil patties, French fries, bread, and lots of fresh fruit from the market (peaches, cherries, fresh pressed Apple cherry juice)... She didn't eat breakfast, so I went to Starbucks and grabbed an oatmeal and almonds. Not as adventurous, but it just means I'll have to return!

      Delete
  2. You got such great pictures; you must have had a wonderful time! I've been meaning to get to Seattle for the longest; this is luring me. I hope you at least got to have a Mighty O donut? I've been dreaming of them since my trip to Portland years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the trip, and would definitely return! No donuts, but I will bookmark that spot for my next time!

      Delete
  3. OMG! Hooray for you! Seattle was near the top of my list of places to move to when I left Virginia (after Portland though). How does it compare to Denver? Mt. Ranier should look like Colorado? Dont you see lots of mountains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so green! Colorado is semi-arid, so we are much less green. Rainier is a volcano! We don't have those here. 😉

      Delete
    2. Oh a mountain vs. a volcano. Interesting!

      Delete
  4. What a trip! What a beautiful bunch of photos! It looks like you really made the most of your three days. Love those glass sculptures, are they Chihuly? So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we visited the Chihuly museum- it is right next to the Space Needle!

      Delete