Thursday, July 20, 2017

Seen & Tasted

The last week and a half has been a return to the gym grind, catching up with friends and family, and preparing myself mentally to return to the classroom. Here is a highlight reel of recent eats and a few outings:
A friend suggested we meet for lunch at WaterCourse Foods. I haven't had lunch there since they took my favorite sandwich off the menu (the Dona Lee), but they have redeemed themselves with the Kale Caesar Salad with Crispy Seitan. Yes. My leftovers were eaten the same day as lunch. Ha!

Lots of time with this one (when it is not too hot outside - otherwise, it's just the backyard and playing in the house).

You know:
 

Rockies game with the family:

Cucumber Noodle Salad and Tofu Spring Rolls with peanut sauce.

  

Above: Toasted Everything bagel with Tofutti and Cucumbers. My third batch of Gazpacho:

 

Museum exhibit with a friend and her daughter:


 This morning I am restoring the heavy workout schedule on my body with a trip to the chiropractor, followed by coffee with Mom, and later a catch up with a friend. See you this weekend with another update!

8 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post and your summer has been enviable for me! Before I get to the meals I'll say that they Vikings exhibit sounds really amazing to me. Was it cool?

    Your meals look delicious and definitely very summery! The kale caesar sounds delicious! I'm glad you were able to find something since they got rid of your favorite sandwich. Beautiful picture of the avocado toast and the spring rolls and gazpacho look really refreshing.

    Look at regal, sweet Remy. I LOVE that picture. I'm sure you've been enjoying tons of cuddle time.

    I'm so glad you are enjoying your summer. I hope that you are enjoying the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exhibit was cool! I enjoyed seeing the artifacts, and knowing that it was curated by a Scandinavian team of historians made it feel authentic!

      The salad definitely redeemed the restaurant! Ha ha!

      He and I are going to go through withdrawls in a few weeks. :(

      Thank you! I'm trying to soak it up!

      Delete
  2. You must be a gazpacho pro now! It really is the best thing ever on hot days. The kale ceasar sounds delicious and worth returning for- restaurant leftovers are one of my favorite things ever, i swear sometimes they're even better than the original meal. Sounds like you're making the most of your summer :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one serving left, and I think I've exhausted the gazpacho for this season. Ha ha!

      I am trying to squeeze every drop, thank you!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe that you're getting ready to go back to school already - how can it be time for that yet?! Eek! It does look like you're getting the most from your holiday and your eating time til then! I need to make some gazpacho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time is certainly upon us, and I am certainly lamenting the end of summer. I'm fine with working, happy to see colleagues, curious to meet the new students - but the building is so hot for the first month (no cooling system).

      Delete
  4. Watercourse Foods better make a good Salad. They have a reputation to uphold. Remy's hair grows so fast. No traditional Swedish Soups to make? I like all the Tofu in the Summer Roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy is due for another haircut very soon! I know he's hot. :(

      Grandpa was the Swede, and Grandma is the English & Irish lass - therefore, so very few Swedish recipes were passed down (with the exception of Skorpor, which is like biscotti). And I bet a traditional soup would involve fish...

      Delete