Sunday, July 2, 2017

Artsy

Most years, I like to walk around the Cherry Creek Arts Festival on the first weekend of July. I can't afford any of it, and they are definitely catering to the million dollar customers that live in the area, but that doesn't stop me from browsing! Sculpture, jewelry, glass, photography, painting - you name it, and it was there. 







I spent about an hour walking around, and wore Remy in the backpack. I always get smiles or surprised looks, but I was not alone in my pooch carrying! Several other owners with their wearable canines stopped to say hello and sniff, and three other people thanked me for not making my dog walk on the hot pavement.  Worn out by all of the activity, there was a lot of sleeping the rest of the day:

I hope you've had a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! What beautiful art! It sounds like a really lovely way to spend the day and hopefully it wasn't too hot for you. I'm always in awe of all of the talented people that showcase their work in these festivals. I don't think I can pick a favorite. Thank you so much for capturing all of it for us!

    Remy is so freaking cute. What a sleepy baby, I love it! I'm sure he feels all rested now and I'm sure he's so happy to have quality time with his mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the upper 80s, so it was a little warm! I should have taken more photos, but didn't want to over do it. Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. That last pic of Remy is hilarious! I have felt like that many times. The pic of the tree with the girl and the dog would be perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the art is crazy expensive, but they are certainly talented!

      Delete
  3. Window shopping is the best kind of shopping! Remy definitely looks like he enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remy, you exhausted cutie!!! Met a woman the other day who noticed 89's shoes and scoffed, "at least it's better than people who put their dogs in strollers!" She practically spit the words as if people being uber kind to their companion animals was somehow distasteful to her. Every once in a while I'll meet someone who realizes that the shoes are actually quite useful.

    I love, love, LOVE these kinds of art shows and I'm kind of obsessed with the tree painting with the girl and dog within. You wouldn't happen to remember the artist, would you?

    ReplyDelete