Sunday, June 4, 2017

Time for a Treat

On Friday, I left the 2016-2017 school year behind me, and headed straight for Sweet Cooie's. Vegan Peanut Butter Oreo.
 It's been a while, and I'm afraid to say this is no longer a treat: Native Foods has really gone downhill in their quality. The reuben was crumbly and tasteless.  I miss their old menu items, and probably won't be back.
 Other meals this weekend featured the same salads with a Boca Chik'n Patty, but I only have two left (I bought them on sale two boxes for $5), so I am moving on to other salads soon. Ha!

Activities from the last few days included naps, a friend's birthday party for her two kids, and a tea hosted by another good friend.
Plans for week one of summer: planting flowers and general gardening, yoga, HIIT workouts, cycle classes, time with Mom, Tom's Warehouse Sale with colleague friends (as in Tom's shoes, not the toothpaste/deodorant Tom's brand!), and whatever else comes my way - including lots of face time with my fur child. I will stick with my Wednesday/Sunday posting schedule but will make them mostly a highlight reel. 

I hope you've had a great weekend! See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Yay you made it! I'm sure Remy couldn't be more excited to have more mom time! It sounds like your first week is going to be wonderful, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always looking at me like, "now that you're here - how about continual entertainment?". Ha!

      Delete
  2. Yay congratulations on getting through another long year! You deserved that treat and that ice cream looked incredible! Yum!! That is too bad about Native Foods though. It's such a shame when restaurants seem to stop caring and the quality suffers. The tea sounds so lovely and how sweet to go to the kids' birthday party.

    Your summer plans sound fantastic! I can't wait to follow along here :) Hope you are feeling rested and re-energized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sleeping well and often! It's such a blessing.

      It is annoying when your vegan restaurant chain goes down hill. ☹️

      Delete
  3. Oh man, PB Oreo! Looks so good!

    What is the deal with Native Foods?? They are going wrong somewhere, hope they can right the ship.

    Lots of positive plans for the summer -- no trips to Texas or Kansas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not particularly pb in flavor, but I definitely get the Oreo!

      Yes! A trip to Kansas in a couple of weeks! No Texas just yet, but there are talks about going there for Christmas...

      Delete