Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hello, Summer!

It's official, and I believe it - the summer routine has kicked in, and I am finally well slept! Hooray for summer! As mentioned on Sunday, I've been enjoying yoga, kettlebell, and cycle-HIIT classes in the mornings, which means that breakfast is late.
  
In alignment with summer meals: my first iteration of pasta salad for lunch. 
 Pasta, broccoli, red bell pepper, garbanzo beans. Dressing: Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, water & olive oil.

For the last time: Boca Chik'n Patty atop romaine salad mix, cabbage & kale salad mix, and sweet onion dressing.
 These past three days have included errands, time with Mom, and yard work. Flowers are in the ground, and here is my helper taking a ride in the cart at the floral shop.
 See you on Sunday with the rest of the week/weekend activities!

8 comments:

  1. I love pasta salads so much. It's just such a summer meal. Your salad looks great! And Italian type dressing is definitely the way to go!
    Sweet Remy, he looks so, so happy!
    Happy Summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pasta salad is super summery, I agree! I'm going to fiddle around with it again in the coming weeks. Maybe elbow macaroni instead of corkscrew...

      Delete
  2. Yay!! This post screams summer already! I am so glad that you have been able to rest and enjoy the beginning of your summer break. Those flowers are gorgeous and Look at sweet Remy!! How funny, he's like the cutest little garden statue except cuddly and awesome. The avocado toast is absolutely drool worthy and the pasta salad looks fresh and delicious!

    Hooray for summer! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled that he tolerated being pushed around in the cart. Ha ha! It was so hot that day, and they had just watered everything - so it was super humid in the greenhouse. I wanted to be in and out as quickly as possible, so I threw him in! Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great start to the summer! Avocado toast is somehow one of the best breakfasts. Your flowers are so gorgeous, and Remy looks like he was very helpful ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love avocado toast! I've had it every single day this past week. Remy is a great supervisor. Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Happy summer! Pasta salad really does say the good weather has arrived. Your garden's looking pretty. Roll on more R&R time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing Remy got his summer haircut before the flower shopping. Kettlebells look like a fun workout.

    ReplyDelete