Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Trying to Last

The week is kicking my butt, and I am trying super hard to take care of myself. The biggest issue is that I can't turn off my brain when I sleep, but I'm constantly praying that tonight is "the night" for me to fully rest. My colleagues have been very gracious at work, thanking me for my extra effort this week - even bringing me flowers:

This morning, I ate some pb and banana toast and enjoyed a caramel almond milk creamer coffee.

 Broccoli Quinoa Casserole and asparagus for lunch:
I really wasn't feeling my spin class, but trudged through it anyway.  I definitely couldn't be bothered to cook dinner, so I picked up Tofu Avocado Salad Rolls with peanut sauce for dinner. 
 See you on Sunday when we are on the other side of graduation and with only two weeks of work left!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! Those salad rolls looks amazing too! I hope tonight is the night your brain rests! You're so close to the finish line!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursday and last night were wonderful night's rest! All of the stress is now over, and I am slowly winding down. Thanks, VP! <3

      Delete
  2. I know that this week has been intense but you are almost on the other side! It is really nice that you co-workers recognize and appreciate how hard you work.

    Really yummy looking meals! I've been loving my pb toast lately too :) The broccoli quinoa casserole looks delicious and you made it even better with asparagus on the side :) The rolls look nice and fresh!

    I hope you were able to rest. Just a few more days until the weekend and smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it! Yes, it was super nice of them to recognize my efforts, even though I know that's not what it is really about - everyone likes to be appreciated, and I do feel appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Your co-workers must know you well to give flowers.

    Gotta get on the PB bandwagon ASAP.

    Hope the seniors come up with a great prank for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prank was on Thursday, and I was grumpy about my room - but I forgave them (they rearranged all of my furniture, saran wrapped the principal's car and all of the toilets, hundreds of balloons in the hallway...)

      Delete
  4. Hope the next two weeks go fast for you. That breakfast sounds good. I am really excited as Califa Farms have just launched some products in a big UK supermarket today. No quite sure what they are yet but I have my fingers crossed for coffee creamer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really thoughtful thing of your colleagues to do. And I really, really do understand the not being able to switch your brain off - I dream of the stuff in my exams coming up. Fingers crossed we get to the end of term with those brains intact!

    ReplyDelete