Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Slide Downhill

The week has been pleasant, and I'm slowly decompressing from the stress of the school year. The realization that summer break is nearly here is starting to sink in! A few images from the last few days:
 Red and white quinoa, spinach, garbanzo beans, peas, spinach - tossed in a little olive oil and lemon.

The rest of the can of garbanzo beans was turned into "Mock Tuna" (not really - I don't have any kelp powder), and became part of sandwich bento box.
 I've been enjoying Blueberry Wheat Bites with almond milk:
 But I recently opened this, it is amazing:
 Yet another salad topped with a Boca Chik'n Burger. This time it was with Sweet Onion dressing.
See you this weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I've heard really good things about that coconut granola! The quinoa salad looks so pretty and delicious. I wish I could cook quinoa but I fail every time so I've given up!!
    You are so close and it must feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great granola, and actually has low sugar!

      Try some of the TJ's pre-cooked quinoa in the frozen section - I've used it, and it's good!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!! The next time we see you, you'll be a free woman! That's amazing!

    Looks like you've had a really delicious week :) I don't know how I haven't noticed that coconut granola but I think I may have to give it a try. I bet it is delicious with some fresh fruit. Hooray for bentos and that salad looks incredible! Enjoy the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm free, but it hasn't sunk in just yet! I keep looking at the clock, as though I need to get ready for the week/go to bed early. Ha!

      Delete
  3. All I've been eating recently is salads with Boca type burgers - now I know where I got the idea from! Love the colour of the blueberry wheat bites. Hope you're getting enjoying your rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good, hearty topper to a salad that really makes it filling!

      I am resting, finally! :)

      Delete
  4. As an ex-teacher I remember that feeling of relief and excitement for summer break. Hope you have a great summer. That granola sounds great with quinoa and cornflakes in it, I've tried some like that once and loved it but I can't remember what it was called. It was a US brand but I've never seen it again over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Blueberry Wheat Bites look awesome! I did a search and they arent coming up. What brand are they?

    Cute Bento Lunch - you cut your sandwiches down the middle rather than horizontally. I prefer horizontally myself.

    ReplyDelete