Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mexican Food Inspiration

Thinking about the stir-fries mentioned by you, my friends, and the onslaught of Mexican food on sale this week - I bring you the following:
 Tofurkey Chik'n Strips, onion, bell pepper fajitas (the Mexican stir-fry!) with Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream on corn tortillas.

More corn tortillas in the Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas. I based it on this recipe, subbing Daiya, and it is fantastic. I've had some everyday!
 And since I don't have time for a Mexican tofu scramble, I'm back on the avocado toast with TJ's Everything Bagel seasoning. Caramel creamer coffee.
 I have a few more meals up my sleeve, in thanks to your suggestions, so stay tuned this weekend to see the results!

8 comments:

  1. Your fajitas look delicious! I need to make fajitas one of these days. And enchiladas are the best. They always taste better the next day and the next too!
    I wish I could find a good gluten free bread that is vegan and affordable and tasty so I could enjoy avocado toast again!!
    I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fajitas are great - especially when I only make half. Eating fajitas (or anything) more than three days in a row, can get a little old.

      I would recommend Udi's brand (I think they are called Etai now?)for good GF toast!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh yum!!! Everything looks so incredible! I have to be majorly in the mood for Mexican food but when I am it's all I want! The fajitas and enchiladas look delicious. And you know I'm all about that avocado toast! I need to find this creamer! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Mexican fare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to everything I wanted to make, but I think after this next week - I'll be heading towards another type of food!

      Delete
  3. The stacked enchiladas look fantastic! I love dishes like that , something very satisfying about a casserole style meal. And the mexican fajitas sound so good- I'm really upset that TJs doesn't have the chickenless strips lately-there's a rumor they're discontinued!- so i'll have to try these in the meantime.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staked enchiladas > rolled enchiladas. They were so good! I bought these chickenless strips from WF, as I couldn't find them at TJ's. That would be really disappointing, considering all of their meatless frozen fare is gone, too. :(

      Delete
  4. Gotta have the Sour Supreme on any Mexican grub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!! I'm going to be so sick of it in another week, I already know! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete