Sunday, May 14, 2017

Four to Three

I'm including two photos from last week, as I felt like I didn't have anything new to show you on Wednesday. Here are the tacos I ate almost every night last week:
 Soy crumbles with taco seasoning, Tofutti sour cream, salsa, guac, and lettuce. So delicious.  After the three lunch days of kale salad with miso dressing, cashews, and tofu - I went back to a stir fry.
 Still loving the smoothies from the Nutribullet.
 Yesterday, I met a friend at Platform T...
For an iced tea: 
 Did a little meal prep for this week's lunches (and also ate a serving for dinner!) of broccoli quinoa bake.

 Seeing as we hit 85 degrees yesterday, and are about to be in the middle of May, it was time to hang the lights in the backyard:
It's here: the biggest week of the year.  Senior Awards Banquet (hosted and emceed by yours truly), Senior Checkout, and Graduation on Saturday. I'm going to try to come up for air on Wednesday, so if I can manage it - I will post! Otherwise, I'll be back on Sunday, when I will be blissfully elated - as it's all downhill after this week!

10 comments:

  1. You're so close to your summer vacation!! Remy must be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's mostly cranky right, as I've been so busy! But soon, he should be very happy! :)

      Delete
  2. Was the hot guy behind the bar at Platform T? Not a vegan friendly menu.

    You sure go all out for your students. Do students from years past ever come visit or keep in touch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never looked at their food menu, only tea during my two visits! I'll have to see what it's about.

      High poverty, transient, second language learners have a lot of cards against them - relationships and support are critical to their success. I had about 80% of the students show up with their families for the banquet, so we still can't "reach them all". Yes, the previous graduates do come back and visit!

      Delete
    2. How gratifying it must be to make a difference. sounds like many will remember your influence for the rest of their lives.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a recipe for the broccoli-quinoa bake? Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Here ya go:
      http://www.thefullhelping.com/cheesy-vegan-quinoa-and-broccoli-bake/

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you! You are so close! I'm so ready to live vicariously through you :)

    The meals look delicious as always and the iced tea looks refreshing! Iced tea is definitely my favorite summer beverage :) It's nice to catch up with friends and I'm glad you had a chance to do that.

    I hope the week goes smoothly so you can coast through the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my summer plans (or lack thereof) do not disappoint! ;)

      It was a nice break before the craziness that is this week! I'm trying to wind down and sleep, but it's been tough with my mind going in a million different directions. Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete