Sunday, May 7, 2017

Final Four

Four school weeks left until summer! Hooray! I started the weekend with my tax return gift:
 My five year old Ninja is still whirling away, but it is cumbersome - especially for quick smoothies.  I have been lusting over this for several months, and finally treated myself to it.

Super quick and easy to clean! This is Amazing Greens, half of a frozen banana, frozen pineapple, and water.
 Inspired by Sarah, I picked up these:
 I also had to pick up these, as they don't happen very often:

 To round out the Mexican fare, I have planned for the week ahead Mexican taco salad and soft tacos.  I'll be sure to snap photos for Wednesday's post! 

Lunch prep looks much more like my usual fare: Cashew Kale Salad with Tofu with Sesame Miso Dressing.
 It was so hot this weekend, I am now in full Senioritis mode. So. ready. for summer. *deepbreath*

See you soon!

9 comments:

  1. Four weeks is nothing!! Good call on the new blender, that makes a big difference - especially when it's summer and smoothie season. Those coconut date rolls are SO good!! I need to buy some, it's been too long. Great find with the vegan tamales! I hope you don't melt in the hot weather in your classroom....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegan tamales only happen a couple times a year, so I had to indulge!

      Delete
  2. Those tamales look amazing! I have a full size Ninja and i was gifted a Ninja bullet I guess I'll call it and you're right, it's perfect for smoothies and really easy to clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a newer model of the Ninja that adapted to the bullet size, but my model is too old/basic. I'm loving the Nutribullet, though!

      Delete
  3. You've got this! Four more weeks then a glorious summer break! Any fun summer plans yet?

    Congrats on treating yourself to the Nutri Bullet! I'm jealous, I feel like I would make so many more smoothies if I had that. I have the full sized Ninja and it's such a pain. Hooray for coconut date rolls and tamales! You've been eating so much delicious stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweetness meter must have changed because the dates are almost too sweet! I've been drinking tea with them, so it kind of cuts the sugary taste down. I'm definitely rallying in the kitchen for these last weeks of school!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever had tamales but they look really tasty. I'm really into green smoothies at the moment with spinach, powdered wheatgrass, banana and frozen pineapple and just a bit of almond butter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, al,mod butter would be a perfect addition!

      Delete
  5. Coconut Date Rolls are an indulgence, arent they? Not sure why.

    Glad your Ninja is a success.

    ReplyDelete