Sunday, April 16, 2017

Whirlwind Weekend

Killer workout during the spin/HIIT class. It was so full that there were two instructors (read: no downtime or breaks!).
 As I am out of avocado, and don't want too much of a good thing - I took a break this weekend from the avocado toast with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.  So instead, I sprinkled it on my steamed kale at breakfast. Ha ha! I didn't even focus on the tofu scramble (tumeric, garlic powder, nooch, Cholua), as I was so excited.
I made a huge vat of vegetable and lentil soup to enjoy this week after work. Carrot, onion, celery, green bell pepper, cabbage, canned tomatoes, lentils, vegetable stock, spices.
 Corn muffins to accompany said soup.
 I met a friend for an almond milk chai (Remy tagged along as well).
 Prom took place at the Aquarium.  I was excited to see the kids dressed up, and to take a tour - as I'd never been there!


 Easter service and lunch with my parents and brother:
 Everything in the front row was enjoyed on my plate: baked hashbrowns, green beans, salad, asparagus.
 See you on Wednesday with highlights of the work week! I hope you had a great holiday weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your soup looks delicious! I was enjoying tomato lentil soup myself last week. Corn muffins sound great accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corn muffins and soup are meant for each other!

      Delete
  2. I agree! Your soup looks AWESOME! Wish I had some RIGHT NOW! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! It turned out deliciously!

      Delete
  3. Oooh that soup!!! Yum! Even better with corn muffins on the side. That sounds amazing. How was the seasoning on the greens? I bet it would be delicious on broccoli and also roasted potatoes! Oooh the possibilities ;)

    Even that tiny piece of Remy is adorable! He seems really into that chai. I am too, it looks delicious. I hope that you had a great Easter, the spread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, roasted potatoes with the seasoning does sound amazing!! It can go on nearly anything savory, ha ha! Now that Passover has ended, I bet you are enjoying the avocado toast!

      Remy makes nearly everything adorable! ;)

      Delete