Saturday, April 1, 2017

Spring Break Part 3

48 hour visit with Grandma in Kansas! I was already en route when you read my last post, and really enjoyed our quick trip. Remy, my Mother, and I battled the heavy fog and rain (which persisted through most of our visit), to make our way there. As it was "indoor weather", we went old school and didn't watch tv or spend time on devices. Instead, Grandma embroidered while Mom and I worked at a 1,000 piece puzzle of a tea set.  There were a few ventures out here and there, but otherwise we sat together at the card table in the living room, exchanging stories.

  
 (local fabric shop, below)

 Sleeping and eat accommodations are always "bring your own", so here is where Remy and I slept on the air mattress (he is cleaning his feet, right where I want to lay my head - naturally).

Oat bran with maple syrup, mixed nuts, seeds, and raisins. My rationed green juice.
 
 My Mom and I worked on a Mediterranean snack box, where I enjoyed the olives and she ate the feta. Hummus and pita squares were all mine, too!
 We also brought items to make homemade Chinese Food, so the TJ's fried rice is making yet another appearance! Ha ha!
I am refreshed and restored; ready to tackle these last nine weeks.  See you on Wednesday with a recap of the return to work!

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really amazing 48 hours! Funny Remy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always picks the spots where I'll lay! It's so silly!

      Delete
  2. That fried rice is definitely paying out! I love the sound of your quick trip, it sound so cosy and full of love. Maple syrup on porridge is always a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking a break from the fried rice! Ha ha! It was good while it lasted, but variety is also good!

      I will most certainly treasure this trip!

      Delete
  3. I am following your spring break backwards. Bet it was very therapeutic to take a break from all the devices and simplify. So sweet that Remy is considered part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think taking time away with people, without devices, is how we were meant to live! When alone....device away! Ha ha! I hope you enjoyed the reverse spring break reading 😉

      Delete
  4. That sounds like the most wonderful and relaxing trip... sometimes the sleeping arrangements and meals just aren't that important. (Although yeah, i'm sure it eill be a while until fried rice sounds appealing again;)
    Grandma's skill and creativity is inspiring!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma has always been talented in the sewing department! While her eyes are no longer strong, she gets a lot of satisfaction. It was a great trip! And you are right - no homemade chinese for a while! Ha ha!

      Delete
  5. That trip honestly sounds so idyllic. I love that you went device and tv free. I'm thinking about making Sunday a tech free day to just get away from it all for just one day a week. I love that you were all able to just enjoy each other's company.

    The meals you brought all look really yummy, you know I can get behind any mediterranean meals too :) Love seeing sweet Remy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a great idea!! I love reading online and seeing people's photos on the blog, but less screen time is always best. It's why I haven't bothered keeping a Facebook account - I don't need another reason! I think I might follow your advice, but maybe do it on Thursdays...

      Delete