Sunday, April 23, 2017

Countdown Begins

Six weeks until summer break! I can hardly believe it! This is the best, and the most chaotic, time of year. I'm trying to soak up what free time I have, and keep my healthy habits steady.  I'm approaching a month of four workouts a week, better sleep, and lots of prayer time to alleviate stress.  So far, so good!

Post workout smoothie: Amazing Grass, frozen banana, frozen pineapple, and water.  I'm going to have to stock up on this brand - really delicious combo!
 I made more corn muffins for the remaining four servings of vegetable lentil soup. They didn't turn out as well, but I still ate them! Lunch both Saturday and Sunday:
I met a colleague friend for dinner at Pho 95.  She's moving to Brooklyn (Maud!) after school ends, as her husband took a job there.  So she is soaking up all of her favorite places. 
 

Sunday breakfast was basically dessert: one spoonful of cocoa powder and peanut butter added to my oat bran. Topped with banana. 
 Meal prep for lunches: another round of stir-fry veggies, jasmine rice, and sweet chili sauce.
Quinoa Enchilada Bake (kind of - I had to sub half the quinoa with millet), which contains black beans, corn, red enchilada sauce, green chiles, Daiya cheddar shreds, cumin, chili powder, coriander.
Where did this weekend go? It was so fast!! I'll see you on Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. I love love love Amazing grass! I've been a fan for years, it's on my amazon subscribe and save so it never runs out :)) be warned that their "amazing meal" is decidedly not amazing.
    That enchilada bake sounds delicious! I love casserole style meals like that.
    Sunmer countdown is so exciting, i'm very jealous. Any big plans in the works?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I've gravitated towards Vega instead of Amazing Grass...maybe it's the protein. I will keep my eye out for a sale, and pick up a canister!

      Stacked enchiladas are tastier, but I don't know how to make it - so this casserole has to suffice! Ha!

      Plans are in progress - to be divulged soon!

      Delete
  2. Your Pho looks so delicious, I haven't had it in so long. I definitely need to make some soon. Your enchilada bake sounds delicious too!
    Your so close to summer, woot woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't mimic the broth, so I'll have to stick to pho joints with veggie broth already made. So yummy. It's located in the less desirable part of town (read: lots of shootings after dark), so I don't make it here often....unless it's 6pm and light outside!

      Delete
  3. I once got sent a box of that Amazing Grass to review. I'd forgotten all about it but liked it so thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you and I both get back into it!

      Delete
  4. Oooh that's so good to know about Amazing Grass! I'm going to have to give it a try! Extra greens are always a plus. That pho looks incredible! The broth looks so rich! The enchilada bake looks equally delicious and it will be even better the next few days I bet!

    I'm so excited for you that summer break is coming up! I know that the next month will be tough but it will be so great when you can just take a breath and relax when the year is over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely filled with greens! I liked the different taste than the usual Vega powder.

      The enchilada bake is delicious!

      I'm so close, and yet so far! Thanks for the encouragement 😊

      Delete
  5. I guess after all these comments, you already know your Smoothie and Pho look great. Your friend will certainly have lots of interesting options in Brooklyn. Will you be visiting her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, and I know you are partial to Amazing Grass, too.

      I will definitely visit her in Brooklyn, and she is always game for new restaurants. The biggest issue is that her spare bedroom will now be taken - she's newly pregnant! Big changes for her family!

      Delete