Sunday, April 9, 2017

All the Treats

I met a good friend for lunch at Modern Market, and while you have seen the Superfood salad with tofu and no cheese about fifty times, here it is once again! Ha!
 

It was so warm yesterday, I finally ventured to the newly opened Sweet Cooie's Ice Cream shop.   Cute story behind the name, and they donate a portion of every scoop to women's education. It's super cute inside - I'll be sure to snap more photos on my next visit.
 This is their "single" scoop. It was huge. As in, half a pint of ice cream.  Vegan Peanut Butter Oreo, in all of its glory:
 Today, I had lunch with my brother at Fire on the Mountain. Their Spicy Peanut Salad with Seitan was top notch, as usual.
Good thing I'm back on the workout train, so I can eat all of the deliciousness without the guilt. Or at least with less guilt. Ha ha! See you on Wednesday with visions from the work week.

8 comments:

  1. Both salads look amazing, but i am very drawn to the spicy peanut salad. And vegan ice cream is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spicy Peanut Salad is amazing!! I try to make sure I have it quarterly. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh what beautiful meals! I love how you sandwiched the ice cream between two salads :) Sounds like a perfect compromise to me. Both salads look fresh and vibrant and lovely and that ice cream sounds so delicious. I love that they are charitable too. A perfect reason to indulge in a delicious treat. Glad that the weather has been nice for you too. It's finally warming up here and I couldn't be happier about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decadent salads at that! Ha ha! It was a delicious weekend that I'd love to repeat. The really bad news is that the ice cream shop isn't that far away...But I'll keep it under control!

      It was almost 80 degrees today! Summer is totally on its way!

      Delete
  3. What a delicious weekend!! I love to order salads when I'm eating out because i get some good ideas for making my own.
    All vegan ice cream should be served in huge cones. How fantastic that they have several vegan flavors! It's gone straight to summer here in nyc the past few days which is weird and wonderful (75 in april??)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I probably could re-create the Superfood salad. The Spicy Peanut is a little harder, since I don't have their delicious seitan.

      I could have had a cone, but I was trying to "be good" and not over do it. And then that mammoth cup was my "small". Ha ha! Should have had the cone at that point. I could do squats in between bites.

      Delete
  4. PB & Oreo! What a fantastic combo for Ice Cream! The Salads look awesome, I know you like Mandarin Oranges on Salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good!!! I do love a nice salad with fruit...

      Delete