Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Results

The previous post was a lot of fun! Thanks for playing. It might just happen again in the future!

For reference - here is the previous picture (again, minus almond milk, broth, and garlic)...
 
Meal #1 Chickenless Mandarin Orange Morsels, green onions, broccoli, and jasmine rice.
 Meal #2:  Butternut Squash and Shallot Soup
 Meal #3: Millet with garlic and cashew cream over steamed kale.
 Meal #4: Pasta con Ceci (garlic, tomato paste, chickpeas, ditalini pasta)

See you this weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious! How do you get the millet fluffy? I have trouble with fluffy millet and fluffy quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google suggested 2.5 liquid to 1 millet, and let the millet grain "break" to a more corn grit type texture. It was a little soupy for me, but palatable!

      Delete
  2. Haha my guesses were way off but everything looks amazing! I wish I could have the orange morsels but sadly that can't be. Everything looks perfect for a cozy winter meal. I'm sick right now so I could totally use that soup, ha! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Orange morsels are really nuggets with sauce - which you could definitely swap for a more friendly version! A spicy pineapple, perhaps?!

      Boo, illness! I hope it's gone!

      Delete
  3. Dagnabbit I missed the game! Beautiful Ceci on Ditalini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time! Ditalini is so fun! I can't believe I've never had it!

      Delete
  4. I also have a problem getting millet to not be either raw or overcooked - you have a millet cooking gift! The pasta con ceci looks really good - what recipe do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a few recipes while googling "creamy millet" and found a ratio of 2.5 liquid to 1 part millet - mine still wasn't as "creamy" but perhaps I should try coconut milk instead of almond.

      Delete
    2. https://food52.com/recipes/66790-victoria-granof-s-pasta-con-ceci

      Delete