Sunday, January 15, 2017

More Repeats

It's the time of year when baked oatmeal happens on the weekends: this version is with almond butter.
I met a friend at the Colorado History museum, and after touring around the exhibits we had lunch at the cafe. I was pleasantly surprised when I found Vegetable Green Chile! What are the odds that I had just talked about trying to make a vegan version...and it appears to inspire me?! This one was pretty spicy - all crackers were crumbled into it, so as to offset the heat.
 More of the Oh She Glow's Indian Lentil Cauliflower Soup:
More stir-fry veggies with soba noodles and Soyaki:

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'll see you on Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. I still need to try baked oatmeal. That green chili looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate Covered Katie has the best recipe for baked oatmeal - I hope you try it!

      Delete
  2. Oooh yay for baked oatmeal! I haven't done that yet this winter, maybe I'll have to do it for Sunday brunch this week.

    How nice to be able to spend a day with your friend at the museum and to enjoy a tasty lunch after. Sounds like a great day :) The rest of your meals look amazing too! I hope you enjoyed your three day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is baked oatmeal weather! I feel like I need to research more variations, though...

      I love a three day weekend - and I'd happily take another soon!

      Delete
  3. I'm always happy to find a good vegan soup in unexpected places! Chili anything scares me a bit since i'm a wimp but that's another good reason to try making it. I swear soyaki makes about anything tasty!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chile definitely had a strong kick!! Soyaki is one of those all purpose sauces!

      Delete
  4. Baked oatmeal is pretty much winter comfort in a bowl. I'm glad the universe delivered green chile to you - it clearly knew you needed to try some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes! It was perfect timing!

      Delete
  5. Your Soup looks so nourishing.

    That is a great idea to add Soba Noodles to Stir Fry.

    Kudos for going to the Colorado History Museum in your free time.

    ReplyDelete