Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Not So New

Happy New Year, and cry with me as I bid "farewell" to my Winter Break. It's back to work tomorrow. I've enjoyed the spare time to attend my favorite 9am workout classes, catch up with several friends, and spend lots of time with family.  The meals haven't been anything different, but here are a few:
 Oat bran with maple syrup above, and Apple Butternut Squash soup served with a small onion bagel and Tofutti, below.
 Snarf's:
 

Spaghetti:
 
Right, so - there's no green vegetables (shredded iceberg does not count!).  I feel a healthy grocery haul coming on Saturday...stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sure it went by fast but I'm glad that you were able to do some things that you enjoy over the break! Sounds like a great combination of relaxation and productivity and catching up!

    Delicious looking meals as always! It's so hard to eat the good stuff when it's cold because all you want is comforting deliciousness. I'm in the same boat but I'm totally motivated to get back into healthier habits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went by so quickly, but I'm super grateful to have rested. I'm still struggling with the greenery, but I'll get there! As you said - comforting deliciousness wins! Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. The holidays are never long enough - it's always hard getting back to school when all is cold, dark and bleak at the start of January (it's all three in large measure around here!) Spaghetti and meat-less balls is definitely the sort of comfort food that this month needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January is a tough month, to be sure!

      Delete
  3. Major comfort food! You really know how to toast and schmear a Bagel. Snarf is the perfect name for a place that makes sandwiches like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of that Snarf sandwich is that they toast the bread. Yum.

      Delete
  4. What kinda meatballs are those? They look great.
    Soup and a bagel is a great lunch!
    Glad you were able to fit in time with friends and family, it's not easy, even when we have enough free time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs, FTW!

      Bread and soup were meant for each other!

      Delete