Thursday, December 22, 2016

It's Nearly Time

I tried to be cute and re-write a Christmas story for you, but it didn't happen. Ha ha! Anyway, it's the first day of winter break today, and I can hardly believe it.  Before the last few days of the semester began, I attended a cookie decorating party. I didn't bring any home, even though the icing was vegan - the cookies were not.
 The little guy is doing better. I'm still trying to discourage jumping and standing only on hind leg stances.
 I'm really feeling soups right now. I have two more on the horizon for the weekend, so I'll share those once they're prepared.  In the meantime, I made this recipe of Apple Butternut Squash Soup, just using some grapeseed oil instead of butter. It has a really nice heat to it from the cayenne and black pepper!
 I'm on my second to last serving of Tomato Coconut Curry soup. It looks like spaghetti sauce in this photo - but it's not, trust me. Ha!
This weekend is both Christmas and Hanukkah, so to all of you who celebrate one or the other or both - Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones! See you on Monday with a full weekend wrap up!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy Remy is feeling better!! Both soups look delicious, I love love love soup!!Happy Holidays to you and adorable Remy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, VP! I love soup, too - it's especially great this time of year!

      Delete
  2. Great looking Bread with the Tomato Soup.

    Relieved your little guy is up and around.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about bread and soup right now! He is much more himself, but I'm still trying to prevent jumping and leaping. I did, thank you - I hope you did as well!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for winter break! I'm glad that Remy is on the mend and feeling better but I agree that it is probably best to keep to jumping to a minimum. It looks like you've been doing some festive things for the holiday season! The cookies are so cute! And the soup looks amazing. I need to start making some soup again. Tis definitely the season.

    I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that you are enjoying every minute of this break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a lovely holiday, and I hope the same for you! I am loving break, as usual, who doesn't love extra time to actually see people and take care of yourself?! I could do it full time! :)

      Delete