Tuesday, November 22, 2016

All the Food

I picked up these treats from Beet Box, and hope they last the week! Apple-Cinnamon GF scone, turtle brownie, and a chocolate glazed pumpkin donut (already ate it! Ha! But it was still warm when I purchased it.  How can one not?!).
 I labored for an hour but produced Veganomicon's Lentil Cauliflower Curry. It's thicker than I like my curries, but has a great flavor.  I'll likely save it for next week's lunches.
 Broccoli Quinoa Au Gratin with Daiya shreds and lots of black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
 Yeah, buddy. Delicious. Here it is up close:
 And since I had lots of celery, carrots, onion, garlic, fresh sage, and cubed bread leftover... I made another batch of stuffing, but with way less Earth Balance, and added mushrooms and more cayenne. I'm going to be so sick of Thanksgiving food. Ha ha!
Otherwise, I am loving the extra sleep, the time with friends, 9am workout classes, and extra Remy snuggles. I never want to go back to work again!! 

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

12 comments:

  1. The broccoli casserole looks so incredible!! And the stuffing! I hope you and Remy have an amazing Thanksliving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good... I'm going to make it again soon!

      We did, thank you!

      Delete
  2. All warm doughnuts must be consumed immediately. It's seriously like a law somewhere...! That turtle brownie looks fantastic too.
    How have i not made that lentil cauliflower dish?? That sounds so perfect for a hearty one dish meal this time of year. I hope you continue to enjoy some well deserved rest this weekend- and that stuffing!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree, T!

      It is very hearty, and made eight servings...I'm about to be sick of it, and take a long break from curry! Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. ^^ agreed about the warm donuts. You wouldn't want that glaze to melt off, now would you??
    All the dishes sound great, lentils and cauliflower are what I live for all winter.
    made a similar sounding stuffing today, though I guess they all are kinda similar: mine was polenta, mushrooms, beans, celery, and leeks.
    Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy that extra time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a welcome break. I can hardly wait the three and a half weeks until winter vacation!

      Oooh, that sounds like a delicious stuffing!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Everything looks so delicious!! You know how much I envy those turtle brownies, they always look so incredible!! I agree about warm donuts too :) Your savory dishes all look so delicious and I'm especially drooling over the broccoli quinoa au gratin! Yum!

    I'm glad that you have some time off to rest up and spend time with friends, family and sweet Remy. Soak up a few extra hours of sleep for me as I'll be working Friday and Saturday, wah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! It was all so good, and so much! I will have food for the next 10 days.

      I hope you were able to relax before returning to work!

      Delete
  5. I love Stuffing with Gravy so much. Still havent had any since leaving Virginia, but I can make some on the stove top. Maybe next week. Glad you are partaking of Beet Box, gotta keep them afloat. How was your Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to whip some up! T-day wasn't particularly fantastic food wise, but the hostess did try to make an effort. We were a full household of participants!

      I like to do my best to keep Beet Box in business!

      Delete
  6. Happy thanksgiving! You've got to love anything that gives you an extra day off. I could seriously do with adopting Thanksgiving right now for some extra spare time, and some of those donuts. What's a turtle brownie by the way? I've never heard of one before (but I'm pretty sure I need to try one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A turtle brownie has caramel and nuts on top! They are best chilled and eaten a sliver at a time!

      Delete