Sunday, September 11, 2016

Weekend Things

Catching up with a few friends, laundry, errands, workout, Remy time... Just standard weekend life!


Almond milk latte on a patio while it is still warm (nothing but 70 degrees this next week, which I am so grateful for after four weeks in a hot school!).

 I decided to stock up on traditional American dinners of homemade pizza (accidentally vegan pizza pre-made crusts!), and crunchy tacos. I'll show you how they turn out!

Grocery splurges of the week:
 These seitan bacon strips will join spicy sprouts, tomato, lettuce, and Just Mayo on wheat in my lunchbox.
In case you haven't noticed, my rule of thumb for beverages is to only purchase when on sale.  Thus, this cold brew was $3 off, and the creamer a $1 off - let's try it!
Here we go - let's face this week, and conquer it!

9 comments:

  1. I don't know if you saw but Starbucks now has almond milk! It's not as sweet as the soymilk. Glad it's cooling down a bit for you, a hot classroom sounds miserable. Please post what your thoughts are on the upton's- i liked their basic seitan but didn't like one of the flavored seitan i tried. Sales totally motivate me to try new products too! Haha, then you're hooked ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get into a Starbucks to investigate!! I am preparing my thoughts on the bacon seitan in my next post :)

      It's all about the sales, but I have pretty good willpower to not give in to full price!

      Delete
  2. I love that Chameleon cold brewed coffee, it's really nice when you need a pick up! Yum, it's the perfect time of year for vegan BLTs, the tomatoes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the tomatoes I picked up haven't been stellar. I think the good ones are officially out of season!

      Delete
  3. I hope the week is being well and truly conquered right now! Looking forward to hearing how the pizzas turn out - ready made vegan pizza crusts seem to be disproportionately hard to find around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been another crazy week, but I'm not drowning - so that's the good news! Ha ha! I haven't made the pizza yet, but I am looking forward to it!!

      Delete
  4. Oooh that cold brew looks good! Has it been 4 weeks already?! That's crazy, I can't believe how quickly the time is gone. I honestly don't even remember the last two weeks, it's been a total blur.

    I love all of the new finds, I can't wait to see them in action! I'm sure Remy is especially happy for mommy time over the weekend!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly believe I ever had a summer break! Ha ha! I've been back in the swing of it for five weeks already. *sigh*

      Full review (minus pizza) is in the works!

      Delete
  5. Prego is really a great sauce, even with so many competing Sauces. I have never seen those Pizza Crusts before. How did that turn out?

    ReplyDelete