Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Long Weekend

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - every weekend should be three days long! I'm so happy to have tomorrow off, even though I will still be laboring - I have lots to grade! On to the photos:

This isn't the final placement, but the folding wicker table (40 inches) I've been wanting for months was finally back in stock, and it arrived four days after I placed the order!
The other two chairs will eventually make it around the table. Inaugural meal of pan roasted veggies and pine nuts over linguine:

Autumn is coming to a supermarket near you:
Speaking of supermarket, here are this week's indulgences: La Croix 2/$5 and Sweet & Salty Nut Mix $2.99 ($5.99 full price!)
Speaking of indulgences, last week's splurge included the Califia Farms Almond Milk & Espresso bottle. It was amazing. I had the last of it this morning! The Barbara's Oat Squares are identical in taste and texture to Quaker Oats Squares. Win!

Lastly, I've been trying to spend some time outside while the nice weather lasts! Here's a shot from City Park, and a statue whose purpose evades me.
(It just said it was a gift in 1915 to the city...)

See you on Wednesday! Happy Labor Day weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I love all of Califia farms drinks! I noticed pumpkin-y stuff the other day too. It made me a little sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not ready for pumpkin everything! We still have two and a half weeks of summer left!

      Delete
  2. How exciting to have dinner on your patio! Hopefully you have a few more weeks to take advantage of it. What fantastic sale finds!! I swear stupid nyc markets have the worst "sales".... I found a Califa vanilla almond vegan protein drink on sale in CA, it was as fabulous as everything else they make. I am NOT ready for pumpkin stuff.....
    Randomness, but i just saw today that starbucks finally offers almond milk! Of course i saw the sign after ordering so i'll try it another day
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my parents and brother over last night for the official patio inauguration! I have a feeling I'll get a lot more use before the winter. I hear ya - pumpkin season seems far away! I've already seen Halloween candy, too! Aaaaah!

      Delete
  3. Wouldnt you know the patio furniture arrives at the end of the season. I do love dining al fresco.

    So the Barbara's is just like Quaker Oats but organic. I guess that is worth the extra few bucks.

    Methinks more green and less cement would be preferable to a statue.

    Gosh, seeing those Mums and Pumpkins is so strange. There ought to be a law that that stuff cant be out till October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ironic that it came just before Labor Day! We have really irregular autumn seasons; it has been 70 degrees for Thanksgiving, but also 20. I'll enjoy it for this month, at least!

      The key to both brands: only buy when it is on sale! Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. I hope the weather lasts and you still manage to get a lot of use out of the furniture. The sky behind the statue is rather beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Joey! I hope it's warm, but not too warm 😅

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for patio furniture! It looks amazing, I'm so happy for you that it has come together so beautifully! You worked so hard!

    Glad to see you treating yourself too :) La Croix seems to be all the rage lately. I'm not really into seltzer and I tried it anyway and wasn't a fan. I'm curious about the coconut flavor though. The pasta dish looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it, even as the nights grow cooler and arrive earlier!

      I wasn't always a fan, but in the last year, I've become a fan of seltzer! I also didn't like the coconut at first, but somehow the flavor has grown on me. I hope you try it and like it!!

      Delete