Sunday, September 18, 2016

As Summer Exits...

I'm not sad to see summer go.  It broke up with me six weeks ago, so as far as I'm concerned - see ya! ;)  The problem with Colorado is that we only have two seasons: summer and winter.  Spring is usually one week, and autumn... for about four days.  Our first snow is usually in October, but on the rare event - we've had a quick storm in September.  I really hope we can actually have a fall season this year! Nonetheless, I made sure to squeeze out a little more summer this weekend.

Farmer's Market visit (only two weeks left for this one! Other markets will go into October.)
 End of the season peaches, green beans, tomato, and zucchini. Huge bunch of kale, and organic cilantro.
Mixing the cold brew with hot water and coconut creamer is just as delicious.
Adventures in pizza: this was my second one, with sauce, spinach, and not enough Daiya mozzarella (I found that after baking- more cheese! I have one crust left, so I'll try again. In the future, I'll make my own crust. This is like a thick cracker.)
I think this will also be my last week of sandwiches and tacos, so you can look forward to seeing them one last time. Ha ha! I hope you've had a great weekend, see you soon!

11 comments:

  1. I struggle with cheese amounts on my pizzas too. Nice little haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow already?! Yikes! That's one thing I love about NY is that we typically enjoy all seasons. Spring and Fall have been shorter it seems but they are still here. The market haul looks great! Your markets close so early, we go through November. The pizza looks good but nothing beats fresh dough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard on the news that our average first day of snow is October 7th. That's next week. It won't happen this year, as it has been far too warm!

      Delete
  3. Summer has just disappeared from around here a few days ago, and I'm already missing it. We do normally get a fair portion of summer, but this year it was late in coming and gone too soon. The pizza looks great - one autumnal consolation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been enjoyable thinking about my fall activities and menus!

      Delete
  4. Fall farmers markets are the best! Winter seems to last forever on the east coast so i postpone soups and warm meals as long as possible....more cheese on pizza is only a good thing :)) i just buy the frozen plain naan from trader joe's to use for a pizza crust, it's a good size for one meal
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm with you - I hold off on soups for as long as possible. Then have them repeatedly for three months. Ha!

      Oooh, I like your naan idea!

      Delete
  5. I thought I heard about a snow storm in Colorado recently. Maybe I dreamt it.

    Guess folks are feeling like taking a blogging break lately. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has snowed in the mountains, but we probably have another month. Most of my childhood Halloween costumes were underneath a puffy coat and snow boats while trick-or-treating.

      Drowning at work...I was grading until 10pm on Sunday night, and forgot to put up my post! I'm rolling it into my post from today! No breaks yet ;)

      Delete