Saturday, August 13, 2016

Week 10 of Summer

It does feel like it has been a long time since the school year ended. Heck, it feels like a long time since I finished my patio! However, this does not mean I feel ready to go back to work. Ha ha! Too bad - it's happening. But first, the second half of my last week of summer (see the previous post for the first half)...
Accidentally vegan find at the grocery store! It was a little too sweet, so perhaps not one for the usual rotation.

Remy at the park.

Asian Chopped Salad with Mandarin Oranges.

Back to School Haircut (nothing extreme, just a couple of inches).

Tomato, avocado, onion, pickle, lettuce sandwich. No sprouts due to the Salmonella outbreak.

A couple more occasions with friends, laundry and groceries today, family time tomorrow, and then 5:45am punches me in the face on Monday.

Farewell, summer. I miss you already! We'll pick up where we left off in 44 weeks...

P.S. I don't know what my daily schedule looks like yet, but this next week I'll stick to the Wednesday and Sunday posting schedule. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm kind of a sucker for coffee drinks, I wish I wasn't. Normally I'm fine with iced coffee and milk no sugar but those Califa Farms espresso ones are a really nice treat. And finding anything accidentally vegan is always fun.
    Love that salad. Wish we could see the haircut! I'm trying to grow mine out but it's no fun in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, this coffee drink totally fell into my "sucker, it's on sale and you've never tried it" impulse. Ha ha! I like the little Califa Farms bottles, too. My hair is permanently in a pony tail these days; too hot!

      Delete
  2. Nice find with the iced coffee, although too sweet is definitely a deal breaker for me too. I'll buy the Califa ones here and there when they're on sale. Remy looks like a happy dog there :))
    that sounds like a tasty sandwich combo! I don't even see sprouts offered as a sandwich filling around here much. I love to buy those crunchy bean sprouts or sunflower sprouts but neither of the grocery stores near me sell them so they're rare. My attempts at growing sprouts have been hit or miss
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy is absolutely in mourning of my schedule change. He had a walk this evening, and was dissatisfied. Ha ha! He is used to the lingering afternoons at the park.

      Sprouts often live on veggie sandwiches here, but I think the shortage from the salmonella outbreak has changed the game temporarily.

      Delete
  3. Cant believe your break is over already. Time to go back to preparing your weekly lunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning wasn't too bad, but I'm quickly fading while trying to watch the Olympics this evening. Yes, back to meal prep - but this week it is sandwiches, as the building is in the upper 80s. Gotta love public schools!

      Delete
    2. Oop. You answered my previous question. Horrible. I would strike.

      Delete
  4. This summer went really fast! I always love seeing Remy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by! I hope that you enjoyed your break and it certainly seems like you had a productive summer. It's nice that you were able to take some time for yourself to get the haircut before school starts and it looks like you had some great meals! And you know I always love the Remy pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so tired. The transition away from summer break has been crazy! I am so busy, and I already can't keep up! Must. Find. Balance. Ha ha!

      Delete