Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Last Days

I've been diligent about snapping photos these few days, in order to slow down this last week of summer break. I've also had weird digestive issues, so I've had lots of healthy food to try and rebalance it.

I purchased a Groupon for pressed juices, and have been working my way through them. I'm a little scared of the Charcoal Lemonade!

Not afraid of the the Happy Herbivore Banana Frosty recipe, and havemade it twice: (a little heavy with the cocoa powder!)

More time with this little one:

And time outside:

Seeing friends (that's Kombucha in the glass!)...

Having smoothly bowls and melon:

And big salads....

See you on Saturday with highlights from the rest of the week!

8 comments:

  1. Quick, take more pics - keep the return of the school year at bay! If eating delicious food is the way to do that, I'm all for it. I love the summery look of the salads and the melon, but I'm a bit scared of the charcoal - what's it meant to do?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could extend it, but I guess it's time to get back to it! I have two juices left...one of which is the charcoal lemonade. Ha ha! Charcoal is cleansing agent, so you are not to eat for two hours afterwards, as you won't absorb any of the nutrients.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how quickly the summer has gone! You've certainly done a great job of documenting it :) It looks like you've been enjoying some really amazing summer eats! How cool to get all of those juices at a discount! I love all of the fresh produce, it's so summery and looks really beautiful and vibrant. And you know I love all pictures of sweet Remy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I tried them with a Groupon, as they are normally $9 each. Wowza!

      So, I went to Michaels and I found the coolest planner kit! It's for 2017, so I didn't fork over the big bucks, but it's definitely on my radar and super cute!

      Delete
  3. I feel like the charcoal lemonade would be the first one I'd try. It's an interesting trend - i saw a friend here just recently had charcoal ash ice cream (not vegan)
    The smoothie bowl looks fantastic and creamy! What's in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new trend to me, and I'm still a little afraid of the charcoal!

      The smoothie bowl was Vega Vanilla, a frozen banana, and water blended. Blueberries, walnuts, and coconut on top!

      Delete
  4. Excellent pic of Remy. Charcoal sounds like an interesting trend. Hope I get to try it. Your Salad is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty cute, I agree! We'll see about the charcoal...

      Delete