Sunday, August 28, 2016

Adjusted & Routined

It took the usual two weeks, but I have changed: my workout times, bedtime, alarm clock, weekend habits, meal prep, dog walk times, and calendar availability. So basically, my life.  But at least now I can mold young minds, build relationships, and challenge adolescents to perform at higher levels (in an 81-89 degree classroom with disorganized schedules...).

This weekend saw patio progress for the first time in six weeks: I was gifted patio lights (this is not how I'll hang them, I was testing that they worked!), and the table I want was finally back in stock! It should be here next week.

Frankie stayed the weekend, as his Mom was out of town.

No one cares that I need to sleep in the bed as well. Ha!

Saturday morning hour long class consisted of 60% indoor cycling with 40% HIIT workout (items on the board were completed twice, 50 seconds on 8 seconds rest, and 30 seconds on 4 seconds rest). I'm sore today! And I hate burpees.

The other great thing about this time of year, is that grocery stores sell pb & jelly at a discount! Two new items:

More new to me items:
I haven't tried the Just Ranch yet, but it was the last bottle at WF (compared to previous attempts to purchase, where there were none!), Barbara's cereal was 2/$6, and the Cold Brew Coffee with Almond Milk is dangerously wonderful and the same price as Starbucks Iced Coffee in a big bottle.

I'll be back on Wednesday with another post! I hope you've had a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I hate burpees too! That picture of Remy and Frankie is so cute! I love love love the Califia Farms Espresso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Espresso drink is so good! I'm really having to pace myself!

      Delete
  2. Two weeks in already?! Jeez I'm so out of the loop!! I'm glad that you are adjusted and that Remy had his buddy this weekend! What cute pictures and how funny are pups that just own the bed?! TJ and Tyler do the same thing... I'm in the top corner of the bed contorted in uncomfortable ways to accommodate their sleepy butts.

    Hooray for finding the Just Ranch, I'm curious to see how you like it when you try it! I LOVE the patio lights. I find nothing more calming than relaxing in the glow of string lights. It makes me really happy and I love your set! What a cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August has come and gone - I can hardly believe I survived the big transition back to work!

      Good things are furry friends are so cute, otherwise we might begrudge them hogging the whole bed. Ha ha!

      I still haven't tried the Just Ranch, but I am so excited! And the patio lights (and table!) should appear in this weekend's update - I love the glow, too!

      Delete
  3. I've got three weeks until I have to do the same life remodelling when I go back to school, and I'm already feeling bad about it. Still, moulding minds, PBJ sarnies, and burpees - you can conquer anything now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long countdown back to school, I hope you enjoy your last few weeks!

      Delete
  4. The patio looks very calming. Let us know if the Barbara's Oat Crunch is as good as Quaker Oats. When I read 'I hate burpees' I thought you wrote 'I hate herpes'. that was a surprise.

    ReplyDelete