Wednesday, July 20, 2016

More Summer Eats

My first ever smoothie bowl! Vega Vanilla mixed frozen pineapple, frozen banana, and water. Topped with walnuts, strawberries, coconut, and mango.
My favorite Superfood salad (sans cheese) with sesame blackened tofu from ModMarket (lunch with Mom!).
Afternoon snack while it rained.
Just missing the watermelon to round out my summery dinner: veggie dog and corn on the cob (they were so small, I decided to have two!).
See you this weekend! I hope everyone is surviving the heat!

6 comments:

  1. Yay, beautiful smoothie bowl!! You did a great job! The pineapple must have made it taste very tropical ;) The ModMarket salad looks so delicious, definitely nice and fresh. I wish I liked raw kale (I still can't do it even if it is massaged and left for a day to soften haha) because your kale salads always look amazing but I just can't.

    That corn looks perfect and sweet! Definitely your quintessential simmer dinner :) Hope you are enjoying every second of this break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have you to thank for finally making a smoothie bowl! I hope to improve with practice!

      Try finely chopping the kale, let it marinade, then give it a try! Even though the corn is early season, it has been good!

      Delete
  2. For a first smoothie bowl, that looks great - like a really pretty work of culinary art! Sweetcorn season is just about here, so I'm looking forward to following you into two-cob territory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let the smoothie bowls and corn cobs continue!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You did good on that Smoothie Bowl. Sometimes you really channel Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Martha has more patience and skill than I, but I will keep making them and try to improve each time!

      Delete