Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Patio Progress

Many of the hurdles have been crossed (full story coming this weekend!), and the patio excavation is complete. The hardest part, removing the former bush stumps and root system, was no small feat. This afternoon, my Mom (the first person to actually help me with the labor), helped with said stumps. But first, there was yoga.  And then there was breakfast.

Some errands, and then lunch. Another attempt at the restaurant style cashew kale salad: kale, cabbage, green onion, cilantro, and mint. Sesame Miso Dressing (from allrecipes.com). Cashews.
We're getting close, but not quite the same. Still very good.

So, the afternoon labor commenced with breaks involving La Croix Grapefruit and Earth Balanced Bara  Brith slices. And a Tofutti Cutie. But the stumps were removed! 

And so it was back to Home Depot for more supplies.  The rest (and hopefully the complete version!) will be shown in the highlight reel. It has been so much work. I'm skipping all workout classes and replacing them with yoga this week, because of all the shoveling, lifting, squatting, sweating....

Dinner of Farmer's Market potato wedges and TJ's slightly burnt Masala Burger and ketchup.
That's all for today, friends! See you this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for making progress! I'm so impressed that you are DIYing a patio! I wouldn't even know where to begin and I won't lie, Home Depot is probably the last place I'd want to go. I'm so impressed with you and your mom taking on the heavy labor. I was going to say you don't need workouts, this must be a great workout for you! The yoga will be great for those sore muscles. I'm so excited to see the end product!

    Great looking meals! Definitely very summery all around :) Very nice looking potato wedges! I've been wanting to make some but I haven't been able to bring myself to put on the oven. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back again to Home Depot on Thursday. And twice on Friday. Argh!! It was so much work, but now it is done. I slept so soundly last night; I normally wake up two or three times and I didn't wake up once! Ha ha! Physical labor is no joke.

      Thanks! I braved the oven, as Wednesday wasn't as hot! Normally, I wouldn't bother!

      Delete
  2. So you hauled all the pavers home yourself in your car? That must have royally sucked (scuse my language).

    You're just as tenacious trying to achieve your Cashew Kale Salad dreams. Who knew this side of you existed?!

    ReplyDelete