Wednesday, July 13, 2016

New Summer Eats

Not new: watermelon for breakfast. (I ate about half of it!)
First time this summer: toasted everything bagel with Tofutti, tomato, and cucumber.
New: Happy Herbivore's Chili Sweet Mango Noodles and Just Wild West Dressing (from the Just ____ product line, but they were out of Just Caesar).
The noodles packed a lot of heat! The cooking process has too many steps, but I will play it in the future.  I tried the dressing on chopped spinach, so I could truly evaluate it.  It's okay.  I'll try it again with actual salad items and see if that takes it to another level.

Bonus photo of nothing new: Remy on a walk.
See you this weekend!

8 comments:

  1. No joke, that noodle dish immediately made me get up and make spicy saucy noodles for dinner. With some broccoli because I didn't have spinach.
    Ah yes I know and remember that bagel/tofutti/cucumber well! Still sounds good as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Love it! I'm so glad you were inspired to make a delicious dinner after this post. I bought more mangoes and green onions, so I can make it again this week!

      Delete
  2. The Everything Bagel with Tofutti and Cucumber wins the post.

    Love Remy's green harness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same lunch today - good stuff! Remy would agree that the mesh harness provides air flow and comfort, for dogs on the go. 😉

      Delete
  3. This post is screaming summer! Watermelon is honestly the best food ever. The bagel looks amazing, how have I not thought to have that?! How did you like the dressing? Their dressings are amazing, I want to bathe in the ranch, ha!

    Love seeing sweet Remy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is full on summer in these parts! Super hot weather, and cool eats! I only have two bagels left, so I'll probably transition to boulé slices and avocado instead of Tofutti. I tried the dressing on an actual salad,many found it satisfactory! Still need the ranch and Caesar for real approval!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous watermelon!! I can't get enough watermelon myself lately...
    Excellent bagel combo there, and i think all bagels should be served open faced like that. I haven't tried that dressing yet but i do love the mayo.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon season is upon us, so we must enjoy natura's candy while we can!

      It's all about the open faced bagel, and topping to bread ratios! 😉

      Delete