Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 1 of Summer

There isn't much of a highlight reel from week one, as we were a household in recovery - but I do have a few things for you:
A nice long walk on Tuesday, yielded plenty of greenery and flowers.
Various images of snacks and meals...
Hummus and cucumbers on unsalted matzoh, I've been eating this for a couple of months and it finally made it onto the blog!

Red Rocks Tea with Almond milk, ironically my friend ordered the exact same drink (I was outside with Remy).
Strangely, I've had cravings for cooler weather breakfasts but I'm sure that'll change as I dive into my summer workout class schedule (which is before breakfast!). Oatmeal and pancakes.

I'll be back on Wednesday with daily eats, and hopefully a more exciting highlight post for week 2!

9 comments:

  1. I hope that you and Remy have fully recovered! I'm sure he walks will help him feel better. The almond milk tea sounds good and warm weather food to me means comfort which you were probably seeking while feeling sick. Both meals look delicious.I'm in major need of comfort food too so a loaf of banana bread is going in the oven tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I've never seen anyone eat Matzah voluntarily ha!

      Delete
    2. My local King Soopers (Kroger, but in Colorado) has two aisles of Kosher items plus a separate frozen foods case, and I like to peep the items! I grew up with a family friend who invited us to Passover every year, so I rediscovered matzoh in these grocery aisles and felt nostalgic! I've also seen the falafel snack you sent me last year in the same place. I don't know why, but I love them! I like Streit's brand the best! Ha ha!

      We are fully recovered, with only a follow up vet appointment on Friday! Yay!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a beautiful walk! Although I'm not a big pancake eater myself, yours always look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pancakes and waffles make only a half dozen annual appearances, so I'm not a professional but it's good to know I make them look tasty!

      Delete
  3. Pretty pancakes, do you use syrup or no?
    The cucumber on matzoh sounds pretty good. I so rarely buy cucumbers but they're perfect for summer meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maple syrup is what I had on hand! I think it had mostly absorbed into the pancakes when the photo was taken. Cucumbers are so cooling for summer!

      Delete
  4. Those pancakes do look fantastic, and the matzoh is calling my name. If you could send some your sun over here that would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Oatmeal and Raisins looks just the way I like it. I now know what I'm having dor breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete