Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Some Satisfaction

Today was a great "typical summer break" day in terms of activity, but it was a fail of the food front.  Remy and I began our day with a long walk in the early morning, while it was still cool.
After four days of waiting, I opened an avocado to find it black inside. Same result for the second, so I had un-avocado toast.
75 minute yoga class was perfect; I'm so sore from Monday's spin class and yesterday's kettle bell class - it was just what I needed. Late morning snack, which was good, of blueberries and cocoa almonds.
I did some batch cooking of various taco fillings on Monday (you'll see it on the highlight reel), and so I had the yellow squash, red onion, zucchini, and soy crumbles in taco seasoning for lunch. Here's how they were assembled:
Not my favorite filling I created, but good enough.

This afternoon I shopped for and planted flowers with my Mom, and then we went in for a pedicure. Yay!
Then, I was majorly craving the cashew kale salad from Hillstone. So I called, waited 30 minutes, spent $12 (with tip), and then... It was less than a cup of salad.
I finished it in five bites. I'm so cranky about it, I won't make anything else for dinner.

See you this weekend, hopefully with great food in addition to my summer fun. 😉

12 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! That is so disappointing about the salad! I hate when that happens. I hope you find a snack or something to help fill you up if you won't make dinner. Black avocado is such a sad sight. Hopefully you'll enjoy some great meals to make up for it!

    At least you had some great rest and relaxation time! Pedicures are a fun and relaxing splurge. The walk with Remy looks really beautiful too. Sounds like you've had some great workouts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to have great meals, but when it's this hot I want salads (cue sad trombone for the above salad), and ice cream!

      I'm enjoying my bright flowers and pedicure! I did five classes last week (3 cardio/weights, 2 yoga), and will do the same this week but more yoga than weights/cardio!

      Delete
  2. Aw what a bummer. The avocado thing is always the saddest, especially since they're so expensive.
    The tacos do look great though. I never buy soy crumbles but yrs look nice and saucy. And yellow squash is a fun change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the saddest toast ever! The soy crumbles are pretty good, so for some texture in the very least!

      Delete
  3. $12 for that tiny amount of Salad?! what a rip! If you are on Yelp! you should write something up because that is inexcusable. Even $8 is too much for that. Sounds like you have been bleeding money like me, what with the bad Avocados and rip-off Salad. Kettle Bell Class sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should totally get an account on Yelp, specifically for that review! I purchased two more avocados, and am hoping they'll be better.

      Kettle bell class is 45 minutes of circuits that use the kettle bell weights for walking lunges, overhead presses, sprints (no weights), etc. Fun, in that the variety mixes it up but brutal all the same!

      Delete
  4. That salad is so sad!! I can't believe they would charge so much for it!
    Aside from the lousy avocados sounds like a great day, especially the flowers and pedicure part :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in to that restaurant and had that container as my "leftovers" box. Pretty disappointing!

      Delete
  5. That was not a great salad and avo day - that toast picture breaks my heart! At least food can only go upwards from here, and you did get a good long walk too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am hopeful for more deliciousness!

      Delete
  6. Your toast made me sad! I've had that happen with avocados, it's so frustrating! That salad is seriously a joke!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've researched how to make that salad at home, as I will never be so foolish as to order from them again! Fingers crossed on the two avocados I picked up this week!

      Delete