Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Random Wednesday

Breakfast was nibbled on by the handful.

Baked potato with an experiment: Better Than Sour Cream mixed with a little Sriracha, topped with green and onion. It was good!

Asparagus, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, and shallots sautéed and served over couscous. I added too much black pepper.

I was distracted most of the day by own illness (I suspect I ran myself into the ground those last couple of weeks, and now I get to pay for it!), and because Remy was at the vet having a handful of loose molars extracted.  I was upset to have to have it done, but I didn't want him to have an infection or abscess later on.  He's super out of it now, but he did eat a little dinner out of my palm. Poor baby!
See you this weekend, with hopefully a healthier household!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! You and sweet Remy can take care of each other and I know lots of cuddles will make you both feel better. Poor baby, look at that sweet face.

    Your meals do look delicious and I imagine you will feel so much better really quickly with all of that fresh, healthy produce doing its magic! It looks incredible, I'm especially loving the bowl of fruit for breakfast. Yum!

    I hope you and your sweet boy feel better soon so you can properly enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 90%, and Remy is at about 75% - there was even more tail wagging at breakfast, but he still prefers to eat out of my palm than the bowl!

      I think things are going to turn around any minute now! Yay, summer!

      Delete
  2. Hope you and Remy are both feeling better by the time you read this, not fun for either of you. I always think of berries and broccoli as being very health-giving foods, so hopefully they'll set you right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joey! Yes, I'm hoping to fill up on health any way I can!

      Delete
  3. Oh poor Remy! (and you). Maybe some mashed sweet potato would be easy for the little guy to eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, only soft food right now! He's been eating and drinking and pooping, so we're back to normal in those areas! His energy is slowly returning, and I can tell his mouth still hurts 😕

      Delete
  4. Breakfast looks beautiful. Love those pretty Rainier cherries.
    Hugs to Remy, hope you both are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both on our way! Thank you, Maud!

      Delete