Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dog-tastic

This morning started with a 75 minute yoga class, and was followed by smoothie (Whole Foods Plant Based Protein Shake in Vanilla Caramel, frozen banana, spoonful of almond butter, and unsweetened almond milk).
Remy, who was his usual self by Monday, demanded a long walk shortly thereafter.
Snack time, upon return...
Followed by the official drop off of a three day houseguest (his mommy is out of town until some time on Friday)...
(One of my projects is to DIY a small patio, so he is sunbathing on the tarp.)

Lunch: couscous, asparagus, tempeh.
General dog cuddling and hanging out for the rest of the day.

Dinner was an attempted cold pasta salad with kale, broccoli, and chopped tomatoes. I need to work on the spice mixture, but perhaps as the leftovers marinade overnight, it'll improve.
This week is markedly improved to last week, I should have plenty to show on Sunday! Yay! I hope you're having a great week!

9 comments:

  1. A 75 minute yoga class sounds like a great way to start the morning, and doggy cuddling sounds like a good rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much of the week was the same, no complaints here!

      Delete
  2. Dog cuddling makes any day amazing! The pasta salad looks delicious! I struggle with them myself, sometimes they turn out great, and sometimes it feels like something is missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a delicate balance to flavor a cold pasta salad - I still don't have it right!

      Delete
  3. Aww puppies!! I've been in bed all day with a sinus infection and the sweet babies have definitely helped me cheer up and feel better! I can't wait for puppy cuddles next week.

    You are going to DIY a small patio?! That is so impressive I have no words! I can't wait to see it! The smoothie sounds good... Vanilla Caramel Protein Powder sounds so delicious.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds horrible! Sinus stuff is the worst, I hope you're feeling better!

      Yes, I might be a fool for trying to take it on but I have the time, and I don't have the $$$ for the professionals! I'm going to roll it into one post once I finish!

      Delete
  4. I can never get pasta salad quite right... hope it works for you.
    That tempeh looks perfect! did you season it yourself?
    Looking forward to hearing about the patio as well. Wish I had a space like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Fakin Bacon tempeh!

      I'm goin to unveil the patio (and the progress photos) once I finish! I'm excited!

      Delete
  5. I love Pasta Salad but have never successfully made a good one myself, just not to be.

    Building your own patio sounds very difficult. Is it gonna be red brick?

    ReplyDelete