Sunday, May 22, 2016

Visions of Semester-End

In the quiet moments, there were walks in the sunshine.
In the crazy moments, I thought about (and later imbibed) this:
In recovery, I haphazardly bought groceries from Trader Joes:
(The cute notecards are from Target, I purchased them to write "love notes" to the students of my advisory -a group of 13 that I've had every morning for 30 minutes the last four years. Now that they are graduating, it is bittersweet and each advisory teacher will give these notes out at the banquet on Wednesday, wishing them well. Did I mention that I am the emcee and organizer of said banquet? I feel like I'm planning a wedding!)

I hope to see you this week, but it might be on Sunday. Or next Monday. Banquet, Graduation, Grandma's 90th birthday party, family reunion....all before then. *deep breaths*

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a busy week! Just remember that after the craziness is a glorious summer break that will hopefully be relaxing and enjoyable. I love that you write notes to the students that you've been advising for the four years. I'm sure that is really special for them :)

    That first picture is so pretty, what a beautiful day. That is a great haul. They have the best frozen mango and the lime fruit floes sound so good! I feel like I have tunnel vision when I'm there, I need to take some time to look at all of the fun stuff that they have.

    I hope your sinus issues have cleared up and that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe it's almost time for summer break. It's not even real! But I'm so excited!!!

      I broke my own rule, and have allowed a few students to contact me, so I can hear all about their adventures after high school. I figure my role doesn't change, I just change from "teacher" to "mentor".

      The weather has been producing some beautiful days!

      Delete
  2. I really hope you make it through your crazy week, that's a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there - blindly grabbing things off the grocery store shelves in the hopes that something will make itself!
    Stay strong in the home stretch. Sounds stressful, hope the wine helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've set myself up for failure this week....But I don't care! It's the end! Yay!

      Delete
  4. Arrrrgh - how long have you got to go until the end of the semester? I'm just drowning in work and feeling like a total mess. I can't wait for it to end, so I spend all day long reading vegan I blogs and doing my own cooking! I wish vegan naan was easy to come by round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No teacher ever wrote me a note. Humph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received a generic one from a teacher, kind of like a flyer, which she gave everyone. We really are trying hard to establish and keep relationships with our students, as nearly all are first generation to graduate from high school or to go to college!

      Delete
    2. That is hard to believe in this day and age.

      Delete