Saturday, May 7, 2016

Surviving the Crazy

Apologies for the brief hiatus, I'm drowning in end of year tasks. Here are a few images from recent days:
Homemade ramen soup.

Tried out these chicken-less strips.  I added them to the Asian Chopped Salad taken to work for lunch. It was okay. I'll try to use up the rest!

We've had a mix of cool, rainy days and sunny, hot days.  I think the gardens must love it!

Warm weather means smoothies, and since I refuse to buy Vega at full price, I tried a sample size of Whole Food's version. Delicious! It is listed as vegetarian because it is produced in a factory that shares equipment with milk, but if it's a negligible chance - I'm willing to take it. So, I bought the small tub (on sale, about $12.50 - a great price!) Also, I've been loving and nearly finished a bottle of the Everyone Soap in Lemon and Coconut, thus I thought to try a new smell. It's good stuff.

Our prom was last night. 

(Dance floor, as seen from the second floor).

I have a bit of a respite this week and the next; shall we call it "moderately busy", instead of "ridiculous nonsense sleep deprived chaos"? Yes. I'm relieved.  I hope to post again tomorrow...



8 comments:

  1. That Ramen looks delicious! I love spring so much, all the green and lushness. Summer break is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still feels so very far away, but I know I'll be ready!

      Delete
  2. I used to buy tons of the TJ's Chickenless Strips. Used the Beefless Strips for the Skinny Bitch Beefless Stews. Cant believe you chaperoned the prom! I never went to mine, and still dont understand the appeal, but have seen a billion in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gardein Beefless Tips are amazing in that stew, I can't believe I didn't make it this winter. I don't know what it is about these chickenless strips, but they're just not my favorite!

      I have only attended prom as chaperone - last year and this year. I was not interested in my own at all!

      Delete
  3. I never went to prom either - looks pretty swank. Hope you patrolled the parking lot knocking on car windows.
    The ramen looks great! I never buy those noodles meant for it, but they're so good.
    Nice find on the WF protein powder. I don't buy Vega full price, either, especially not in tub size, but can't remember if I've found a good alternative. Some protein powders can be very umm... not good. I'd just as soon go without - protein or not, they usually don't hold me over too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, prom wasn't something I wanted for myself but the students were all glimmer up and happily the short dress phase is out and the evening gown is in... Much more respectable!

      Sometimes I choose sleep over a real breakfast, so smoothies are my go-to meal in those occurrences. But I demand they include servings of greens!

      Delete
  4. I guess it must be a trend because I didn't go to prom either. I had zero interest in it but yours looks really beautiful! I know it is rough in the moment but it also means you are so close to your summer break! The ramen looks absolutely incredible and the salad looks bright and fresh. Vanilla Caramel sounds like a delicious flavor! Good to know there is a more affordable option out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you! All of us would've skipped it and spent the evening hanging out instead! Ha ha!

      Summer break hasn't even flirted with my brain, I have so much to do but I'm sure I'll be ready! It probably helps that we've had such cool, rainy weather to remind me it is still spring!

      Delete