Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Little More

Here was the other meal produced by last Sunday's kitchen effort:
TJ's Chickenless Chicken and Cremini mushroom ragú, couscous, collards and raisins.

The gnome door has re-emerged from the winter. I'm thinking of adding to the tree. Any suggestions? Should I buy a gnome figurine?

Farmer's Markets are back in full swing. It was yet another overcast rainy weekend, as evidenced by the clothing and the gloom:

I was able to catch up with some friends this weekend, and one stop included this amazing Cashew Kale Salad with Sesame Miso Dressing and olive oil baked potato. These are my leftovers:

I made so much food last Sunday, I repeated the lunch prep.  All I needed to add was another bunch of collard greens (sautéed in It's Not Chicken Broth and raisins), and more couscous. This will be the end of the asparagus, balsamic roasted veggies, and ragú. 
Another delicious week ahead! Also, this is my last calm before the storm. The week of May 23-Memorial Day is pure chaos. I will probably be delirious.  But, in the meantime, I will see you on Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. I love that door so much! You should totally buy a gnome figurine! Or even if you could find figurines of the seven dwarfs, or even Winnie the Pooh. But that door definitely needs someone!
    That cashew kale salad looks really good. It looks much better than the kale salads I try to make!
    I hope you enjoy your calm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas! I'll have to check out a few gardening shops once school is out. Oh my goodness, I love that cashew kale salad. So amazing!

      Delete
  2. Yes on the gnome!! The door is very cute. I also like those Spirit of the Green man hanging faces.
    Good for you on the prep; it got away from me this weekend and I know i'll be feeling the pinch the rest of the week.
    The cashew kale salad does sound and look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I prepped, as I'm so low on energy after the whirlwind of work and my allergies! The salad is so good; I need to learn how to make it!

      Delete
  3. The gnome door is too cute!! I love it so much, it is perfect! All of your food prep looks so colorful and delicious. Couscous is so good, it's probably my favorite grain. I think I have some Israeli couscous… I should cook that up. I'm so jealous that your markets are open already… ours don't open until June. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couscous is the best, I agree!

      I didn't buy anything, and much of the produce is root vegetables. But they are fun for Remy!

      Delete
  4. That is a gnarly and magical old tree with that little door.

    Raisins and Collards sounds like a bonanza of iron. Is the ragu recipe in an earlier post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No recipe on the ragú, but basically I looked up recipes online and prepared it similar to those but threw in the Chickenless Chicken and it turned out well! Think mushroom gravy but lighter and thinner. 😉

      Delete