Sunday, April 24, 2016

Hello, Spring!

It took all week, but the warm weather is here! With only an occasional rainy day on the horizon, I feel confident that we can say "farewell" to winter! My meals are still in transition, but here's a sampling of the past week:
Quaker Oat Squares and almond milk.
Red and white quinoa with jasmine rice blend (cooked in veggie broth), steamed veggies.
Gluten Free Vegan Turtle Brownie from The Beet Box (I'm not GF, but that's the only way this piece of decadence is made!). 
Asparagus and wild rice.
Native Foods BBQ Chik'n Salad.

Scenes from the springtime weather:


Mini grocery haul from today:
Up close of my two new purchases:
Yay, bread! And a tahini lemon dressing, accidentally vegan:
See you mid-week with another update! Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Really excellent photography. So you ate in at Native Foods, usually you do carryout. Was the Salad good? The Turtle Brownie looks incredible. Remy must be loving the soft grass under his little paws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shen! Trusty iPhone photos. 😉

      A friend was in town, and she (an omnivore!) requested to go there! I had taken her there on a previous visit, and she liked it a lot.

      The turtle brownie lasted for three occasions, no longer. Ha ha!

      Delete
    2. I cant believe it when folks say their great pics are from an iphone. I need to switch to mine I think.

      Delete
  2. That brownie!!! I love seeing Remy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brownies and Remy are always a good idea!

      Delete
  3. Yay for spring!! I have tunnel vision for that brownie right now, that looks AMAZING!!! The Native Foods salad looks delicious as well. I definitely need to get to a Native Foods because everything always looks fantastic. Remy is too cute, I love seeing him :) He always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray, indeed! We've had rain showers lately, but it's not snow, so I won't complain!

      I don't seem to make it to Native Foods too often anymore, as I only care for this salad or the Reuben. I really miss the Indo Noodle Peanut Salad from years ago! I wish they would bring it back. 😩

      I felt like Remy needed to make appearance! Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Glad the weather has taken a turn for the better - ours is very much doing the opposite! I love the brand name 'bunny luv' - how cute is that? That brownie also looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunnies and humans appreciate the shredded carrots, right?! Ha ha! It is a cute brand name!

      Delete