Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Caught In Between

As the weather seems to vascillate from winter to spring, my meals are following suit...

Springtime smoothie for breakfast (Vega One, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, cocoa powder, water - banana split, if you will!), and apple taken for mid-morning snack.

Mid-season lunch: baked sweet potato, Better Than Sour Cream, spring onions.

Unseen afternoon snack of popcorn (all seasons!)

Wintery Miso Soup (organic ramen, carrots, broccoli, more green onion, kombu miso broth, sriracha)
My miso paste is supremely old, so it wasn't flavorful. But it was filling and warm!

Winter is supposed to arrive again this weekend, and I have a happy hour to attend on Friday where I want a margarita and a patio. I'm trying to will it into happening! I'll report back on Sunday. 😉


8 comments:

  1. I know, it has been so frustrating!! It's hard to plan ahead when the weather is all over the place. Looks like you had a nice variety of foods though and that lunch looks so yummy!! I've been meaning to make miso soup and your bowl is very inspiring because it looks beautiful! Have you ever tried udon noodles? I can't remember from past posts. Those are my all time favorite noodles, they are seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the udon! I think rice noodles are my favorite, but I thought I'd branch out with the ramen!

      More snow this weekend. Okay, it was a blizzard. I shouldn't complain, but I'm aching for some sun!

      Delete
  2. I always keep my miso paste around too long to, and notice the much weaker taste. It still looks amazing. I have to try your lunch idea sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the taste wasn't there at all! I picked up some more this weekend, so we're back in business.

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic idea to pack the Sour Supreme and the Green Onions. Genius! Heard you got a foot of snow. Did that impact happy hour on the patio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No happy hour. No patio. :( It is pure slush, but a lot of it. Up to four feet in the mountains! It's safe to say that we will not be in a drought this year!

      I might do the potato with fixin's again this week, as it was good!

      Delete
  4. Huh! I've certainly left miso paste around for too long but i can't recall it losing flavor. As you know, i think it's a great dinner year round.
    The potato is a great idea. Love the cute little green onions in their own compartment.
    I made a chocolate Vega smoothie the other day too! So delicious, i'm glad it's so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently sealed well miso basically can last for years, although it does seem to dry out some. I haven't noticed mine as less potent but then again i like the really dark funky stuff since a little goes a long ways. Popcorn is absolutely an all seasons snack!
    No drought is a great thing- send the extra snow to CA, ok?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete