Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Un-Spring Break

Grateful to have the week off. Appreciative of the access to my favorite workout classes (read: I'm so sore!). Thankful for the time spent catching up with my favorite people.

Peeved that it is 40 degrees, and raining or snowing and windy and cloudy.

Naturally, next week when I'm back at work, it'll be 67. *cries*

Some views of my last few days:
Pre-service Easter pancakes.
Unintended best picture in the entire world. Who cares about the juice, just look at those adorable Remy paw prints in the half melted snow! 
Slightly watery but good vegan tamales from Whole Foods.
Working my way through the last of the season citrus.
Still loving tacos. These are "snack size" tortillas, Better than Sour Cream, soy crumbles, onion, bell pepper (cooked with low sodium taco seasoning), Whole Foods guacamole.  Two of these bad boys, and you are hardly hungry for your next meal.

Check in on Sunday to see the rest of my week!  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

8 comments:

  1. I love the Remy paw prints! Spring has definitely sprung in Seattle, I hope it springs for you soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is slowly getting warmer, but now that I return to work on Monday - I'll have to wait to enjoy it! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Perfect pancakes as always.
    The tangerines in that lovely bowl are so nice! When fruit is presented like that i'm sure it's hard to stay away.
    The tamales look good! I've wanted to make my own for a long time but I'm not sure i'll ever get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once dated a guy whose family was from Mexico, and I witnessed the intensity that is "tamale production". Yeah, I'll just buy them. ;)

      Delete
  3. Have you ever thought of getting waterproof boots for Remy like 89 wears? The Pancakes do look so good. Wish they could be mailed here. Gorgeous photo of the fruit. Sorry you didnt hit anyplace hot for spring break. Like I said, it it more crowded here now than over Christmas. Going away for spring break is apparantly something everyone should do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find travel during spring break exhausting, but this year I had two snow days worth of rest going into it - so I should've gone somewhere! Next year, I'm coming to your house! ;)

      Delete
    2. That gives me a year to get ready;-)

      Delete
  4. Aww the sweet Remy paws!! I love that! I also love the bowl of citrus, that just looks beautiful. How ridiculous to have snow during spring break but I'm super jealous of your week off. I hope you enjoyed it! You certainly had some yummy eats during it!

    ReplyDelete