Sunday, March 13, 2016

Recap

Last weekend I had family in town from Virginia, Texas,....and the motherland: Sweden. None of this was planned on purpose, it was just a collision of scheduling! I survived, and actually took a day off of work.  The last of the family left on Wednesday, and I've been trying to catch up!  First up, a view of Denver looking east, and then a walk around lower downtown (known as LoDo), playing tour guide:


Randomness from the week:
(I haven't used it yet, and I don't fear e.coli - so, I'll use it soon!)



Kept these on hand for guest, and now I get to enjoy the leftovers:

The St. Patrick's special from Native Foods. They forgot to give me the free chocolate cupcake that went with it, and it wasn't that great, if I'm honest.
Lastly, I attended a baby shower for a co-worker yesterday:

(Yes, it's a boy! Called Frankie, just like Remy's BFF.)

I'm so tired. We still have two more weeks until spring break. I hope you had a great weekend! See you soon with regular programming including meals and workouts!

9 comments:

  1. What exactly is that St. Patrick's day special? It looks like a breakfast patty on top of salad on a sandwich.
    The breakfast burrito looks good though!
    And YES to those La Croix - I'm a fan, though I don't have them often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be a Seitan patty with an onion ring atop kale and other veggies. It's like they tried too hard and missed big time!

      Delete
  2. I love La Croix so much! The passionfruit is delish! I got one of those chipotle free burrito coupons too! It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like such a treat to drink La Croix! I think Peach Pear is my favorite, although I'm definitely still drinking the Passionfruit. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. not long now til Spring Break - just got to hold on in there! Burrito looks good. I'd be up in arms about a missing cake though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate cupcake would've made he meal better. To be certain!

      Delete
  4. Wow, looks like a crazy weekend but how fun that everyone was in town at the same time! Do you speak any swedish? Have you ever tried that salty licorice crap that they like? Can you tell I'm into Scandinavian culture? Haha!

    Bummer about the sandwich, what was on it? I can't really even tell what's going on with the patty. That breakfast burrito though. Yum! Very cute baby shower favors and cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little chaotic! I don't speak any Swedish, as these are fourth cousins I see once a decade. I need to get there and visit them for once! No licorice, but rusk (it's like biscotti, except it dissolves more once dipped in coffee) was a favorite of my grandfather! He was the 100% Swedish!

      I don't even know what was on it, but it was not a hit with me!

      Delete
  5. Sweden has put out some good stuff. I am especially fond of Peter Skarsgard and his son Alexander at the moment. Hope the Virginia Grandma has a good time.

    ReplyDelete