Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Kaleidoscope of Food

Today was a multi-colored food day:
Cream, tan, and white. (Banana, bran flakes, almond milk)
Black, yellow, and orange. (Homemade frijoles negros and arroz amarillo, carrot ginger pressed juice).
Blue. And pink! Ha, not really.
Shades of green, brown and white. (Kale avocado salad with Pepitas, baked potato).

I looked, and I don't have anything red (other than hot sauce and chili powder!), and nothing purple. Otherwise, I hit every color!

See you this weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love La Croix, the passionfruit is tasty! Carrot ginger juice is also one of my faves. Tasty meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of carrot ginger pressed juice, too!

      Delete
  2. Another La Croix fan here :) the coconut is my favorite, but not so easy to find. Beans and rice must be one of the best simple meals ever. I keep making these "creamy beans", they're stupid fast and easy- usually coconut oil with black beans, topped with green onion and cilantro, and i halve the recipe
    http://orangette.net/2015/03/the-bean-doctor/
    Your kale salad looks yummy!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds delicious! I'll have to look up that link! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. Those the TJ's Bran Flakes? i remember you liking them and me not so much. A Baked Potato sounds great, you dont do EB or Sour Supreme on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are Kroger Bran Flakes. They are the best ones I've found! I mashed the kale avocado salads inside the potato, as I didn't have any sour supreme - but I did pick some up this weekend!

      Delete
    2. Kroger was coming to takeover a bunch of stores in Virginia as I was leaving. Heard good things about them.

      Delete