Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It Recently Occurred

I present to you, person or people who read my declining online journal, a few items that have happened in the last few days:
Breakfast that mirrors the box from which it came.

Soft tacos: soy crumbles, bell peppers, onion (the previous three were seasoned), avocado, Better Than Sour Cream

Banana Bread and Tea

This morning, our projected 8 inches of snow turned into 17 (and counting!). Snow day! This guy was pleased:

Prior to shoveling, I enjoyed smashed avocado and Old Bay Seasoning on toasted spelt bread and black tea.
Evidence of today's hard labor:
Just when you dig out your backyard, you can have to do the path to the car. I still need to dig out my car. *sigh*

I've been pretty productive, and I guess we'll see if we have school tomorrow or not... Even closer to spring break! 


11 comments:

  1. The tacos look delicious! I love seeing Remy's face as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that's a lot of snow!! I'm sure the snow day was welcome though. That avocado toast looks delicious and Remy looks handsome as always!

    Hooray for almost spring break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a second snow day on Thursday, so I came into this break rested! Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. DId you get a snow day after all those flakes? Your description of the bran flakes made me cackle! Good looking tacos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two snow days, a total of four this school year - which is a lot! Bran Flakes and tacos are still happening this week!

      Delete
  4. Remy is so freakin adorable! I am sure he wishes he could help you shovel but the snow was higher than he is.

    (what is with the declining online journal crap? cut that out!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a little snuggle muffin. Although, me being home has interrupted his sleep patterns and he is not appreciative. Ha ha!

      I feel like my content isn't interesting, and certainly all of us who used to post regularly are now doing it less. We'll see what happens!

      Delete
    2. I find your content very interesting. It appeals to food obsessives who will never experience life as a high school teacher in Denver. It shows how differently you live and plan your life and your priorities.

      Delete
  5. Those soft tacos look so perfect!
    I don't often buy cereal, mostly because it's expensive and I eat it so quickly, but i do love how simple and quick it is - and always better with banana on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $2.99 for these Bran Flakes! I rotate what I eat for breakfast, otherwise I'd kill a box in a week, easily!

      Delete