Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekend Review

Let's start with a few meals from the weekend!
Homemade waffle with pb and maple syrup.

Chopped spinach salad with avocado, walnuts, dried cranberries and raspberry vinaigrette.

Veggie pasta with tomato basil sauce.

A bit of cuteness:
I treated myself to new pill boxes (I take medication for my kidneys). The week's amount is in individual tabs inside the larger case on the right, purchased at a local shop.  The smaller (when I need to take them with me) case has three compartments inside, and was found on Etsy.

Lastly, Remy and I spent some time with my neighbor and her boy, Frankie:

I should be back mid-week with another update! I hope you've had a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. That chopped spinach salad looks delicious! While Frankie is no Remy, he's very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, Frankie is certainly no Remy but cute nonetheless!

      Delete
  2. mm that waffle looks so good! I should really eat those more often... The pasta too!
    I think Frankie is very handsome. looks like he's enjoying the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A waffle was most certainly in order and overdue!

      Delete
  3. I have a waffle making question! Do you use a waffle machine type thing, or an old fashioned waffle iron? Getting vegan waffles is impossible over here, so I need to get making some myself! Frankie is also cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a waffle iron, it's the "Classic Round" model by Cuisinart! I hope you can find one in the UK!

      Delete
  4. Oooh that waffle looks incredible!! I really need to bust out the waffle iron. The salad is beautiful, what a yummy combination! I like the pull boxes a lot... cute pill boxes like that can really make a difference when you have to take meds. Love sweet Frankie, what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, get that waffle iron out! Soon it will be time for watermelon for breakfast but in he meantime - let there be waffles! Pill boxes make having to take meds briefly tolerable ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm going on holiday soon and I'm going to need some waffles for sure; I don't have a waffle iron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to get a waffle iron! $25 that will serve you the rest of your life!

      Delete
  6. You can tell that is a homemade Waffle. Cute pillboxes. I should get one for my Zoloft. I am sure Frankie's Mom loved the pic.

    ReplyDelete