Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Today's Menu

Doldrums of winter, and I am itching for spring! We're supposed to hit 60 degrees tomorrow, and I can't wait! My meals this week have been standard chilly winter fare, and here's what happened today:
A Shenandoah Vegan throwback: oatmeal with raisins.

Silken Tofu Eggless Salad Salad with Spinach on sprouted wheat and a juicy Cara Cara orange (far superior to Navel, if you ask me) taken for lunch.

Uninspired dinner of broccoli and spaghetti with soy crumbles and tomato basil sauce.

See you this weekend with hopefully more interesting eats and adventures!

8 comments:

  1. I love the Shenandoah vegan flashback! I need to try silken tofu instead of extra firm for scrambles and salads. Looks like a tasty day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Silken makes all the difference - and a heavy hand on the turmeric and black pepper!

      Delete
  2. I am so with you, I'm over the winter. The low temp on Saturday is going to be 0 and I'm not happy about it. Your meals look great though, I love the SV flashback! I have some oranges waiting to be eaten... it's so annoying to peel them though, especially when you can't touch the peel.

    Happy almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about the chilly weather on the east coast! Yeowza! It was warm here yesterday, but back to winter today. :( I picked a few more oranges, but I fear that this is the end of citrus season. I'll come peel your oranges! :)

      Delete
  3. Gotta be Steel Cut Oats for a real flashback. Actually, it isnt such a flashback, I am still eating that down here in the morning. Had a reallly lousy Grapefruit though that I had to throw out. The Sandwich and Spaghetti dinner are my kind of food as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How you can eat hot food in hot weather is amazing! I'm going to take a break from oats this week, I need a break! Sad news about the grapefruit. Happy to know I make you proud with my heals. :)

      Delete
  4. Winter's still here on this side of the world, and it's driving me towards comfort food more than ever- oatmeal and all. That spaghetti is totally calling me name - just what the cold weather needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spaghetti is delightful for cold weather!!

      Delete