Sunday, February 21, 2016

Intermission

It has been crazy lately, and seems to be continuing in that fashion for the next three weeks or so! Yesterday, I slowed down and enioyed the 63 degree sunshine with a friend, sipping an iced tea on a patio.
Toasted veggie sandwich a little later...

A little meal prep for three days of lunch: saag and wild rice with lentils and blackeyed peas.

I hope to pop in this week, but between meetings, parent/teacher conferences, Grandma coming to visit, and Remy's teeth cleaning (anesthesia-free! They use Bach Flower essence for anxiety, wrap him in a blanket to keep him still, and then scrub away)... It is going to be busy!

8 comments:

  1. I am trying to make plans with a teacher friend of mine and he too is super backed up. maybe it's for different reasons, but know you aren't alone!
    63 degree weather sounds so nice right about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a chilly pocket during the week, but it was another spring like weekend! Such a tease! I think February has a lot going on the education world - I feel his pain!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with Remy! That sounds like it will be so much easier on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was definitely scared, but he bounced right back to his happy self afterwards!

      Delete
  3. That Sandwich looks so delicious. Poor little Remy. I hope it isnt too stressful on the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sandwich was so good, I had another sandwich just like it on Saturday!

      He was scared, but I stayed calm so as to not alarm him. I'm trying to continue the maintenance by brushing daily, but he hates it. Argh!

      Delete
  4. Doesn't the warm weather feel amazing now?! I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy it while catching up with a friend. Those are the best days, aren't they? The sandwich looks really amazing too.

    I hope you enjoy your week as crazy as it is going to be. Good luck to Remy, pass along lots of snuggles for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warm weather makes me itch for spring! It was a crazy week, this week will be better but only until the weekend - a cousin from VA comes to visit, as well as the family from TX... But after next week, everything calms down until the end of May! Thank goodness!

      Delete