Sunday, January 24, 2016

Over the Weekend

The weekend has gone too quickly! I didn't make it the yoga class I had planned yesterday, but I did get to spend a couple of hours with my cousin, her husband, and their one year old daughter (whom I adore!).  This afternoon I'm hanging out with my parents and brother as they watch football (I'm reading on my Kindle App).  Nonetheless, it has been a tasty two days (or so I think - my head cold is nearly finished).
Homemade banana bread from Happy Herbivore.
I made the carrot ginger soup yesterday, with an extra tablespoon of ginger paste - super spicy and good! Adorable storage options for the leftovers.
Tofu Teriyaki Bowl from Tokyo Joe's.
Cheezy kale chips on the dehydrator.
Asian Chopped Salad with mandarin oranges brought to my folks for lunch...

Meal prep for the week (I have one serving of the curry and veggies leftover from last week, so I only made four days worth). Charleston Red Rice from Happy Herbivore...
Served with Vegetable Masala burgers from TJ's, and green beans.
Final result and other meals coming up in Wednesday's post! See you soon!

13 comments:

  1. I hope by the time you're reading this your head cold has well and truly gone. I love red rice - I think it must be a US thing, as I've never seen it over here. I only discovered it in Afro Vegan and it's on regular rotation now. Banana bread looks like a definite success. And cheezy kale chips amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 95% resolved, I am happy to report! I need recommendations for other red rice recipes. This is okay, but needs something...

      Delete
  2. Oooh a delicious weekend indeed!! That's too funny, I was craving banana bread too and made Chocolate Covered Katie's! You'll be seeing that on Wednesday :) I hope that all of the family time made you feel better and that you are on the mend.the teriyaki bowl looks phenomenal and I'm glad you were able to make your soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw her Melty, Gooey Brownie recipe.... Think I'll have to make it! I love her recipes!

      The soup and the family time all aided in my wellness. I'm a little sniffly here and there, but otherwise well!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so delicious! I've been eating soup, soup, and more soup; I gotta shake things up. Meanwhile, why have I never heard of red rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it is a South Carolina thing, as I hadn't heard of it prior to this cookbook. It needs more seasoning for my taste, but I also didn't add salt - that might've been part of it.

      Delete
  4. brought your own lunch to Mom & Dad's? I dont think my Mother would have ever allowed that. guess you are all happy today. your team is headed to the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Football = pizza. My mother offered to get one for me, but I said that I'd be okay. We are going to the SuperBowl, and none are more shocked than the fans. Sunday was a tense game, my brother was shouting at the tv....

      Delete
    2. Oh, for a second I thought you meant that you and your family were heading to the Super Bowl. You would probably have posted something about that rather than mentioning in comments.

      Delete
  5. I've never ever heard of red rice! I love the Trader Joe's Masala burgers. I think they're my all time favorite veggie burger.The soup looks so pretty and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE these masala burgers. Where have I been, that I've waited so long to eat them?!

      Delete
  6. always such inspirational prep work. Props to you.
    the banana bread looks awesome... i only have one banana about to go bad in the house, I'll probably just freeze it for a smoothie. Never enough bananas for bread!
    Gorgeous color soup and delicious looking kale chips ya got there too... how do you store them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't store them - I make two stems worth, and snack on them the same day! I do share on occasion, and on Sunday I shared with my brother and father. :)

      I actually used one semi brown fresh banana, and two frozen (and thawed) brown bananas. It was my best batch yet!

      Delete