Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Half Way

I'm thrilled we are over half way through the week; I can see the three day weekend on the horizon! Here's my day:
Winter breakfast of champions - juicy citrus.  One of my meals prepped on Sunday: Appetite for Reduction's Braised Cabbage and Seitan, served with brown rice - taken for lunch.
Workday snack: small apple, carob spirulina energy bites, green tea.
Afternoon yoga class, then threw together broccoli slaw (sautéed),fresh rice noodles, homemade peanut sauce (and peanuts to garnish)...
It was fine, I liked the textures but need to continue to work on my sauce skills.

See you this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you are done now!! Hooray for a three day weekend, how exciting! I hope you'll be able to relax a little :)

    The meals look delicious! The slaw looks amazing, you know I love everything drenched in peanut sauce :) Now I'm craving an apple so I'm going to have one with dinner tonight. The grapefruit looks nice and juicy too.

    Enjoy your three day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didnt want an Energy Bite after the Grapefruit? They really compliment each other. Thanks for showing the final product of the big haul. IIRC, you still havent tried making your own Gluten? I think it is better than store bought, but maybe they have improved. I get Monday off too. Hooray for government holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The braised cabbage and seitan sounds like a great lunch. I've been making lots of braised cabbage with tomato sauce, cider vinegar and coconut milk lately. It's saucy and comforting.
    Enjoy your three day weekend!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete