Sunday, January 10, 2016

Grocery Haul & Plans

Produce and almond milk from King Soopers....
Flour, cinnamon, and dark brown sugar from Natural Grocers (to be used with the spotted bananas for a banana bread - result below!).

As I purchased grapefruit, I felt I should honor Shen's foregone winter breakfast in Viriginia - energy bites! Garam Masala and sriram - all from Whole Foods.

On the menu for lunches: Appetite for Reduction Braised Cabbage and Seitan, over brown rice. Chickpeas and broccoli madras curry and brown rice.

For dinner: Broccoli Slaw Sautée with peanuts and rice noodles, homemade potato leek soup and salad, leftover madras curry with an attempted saag and chapati flatbread.

I knocked out the cabbage, curry, and soup this afternoon - which should help make the week go well! Hope your weekend has been wonderful!

9 comments:

  1. I sort of miss those Grapefruit and Energy Bite breakfasts. Looks like you could recreate them (I havent had any winter citrus yet). Methinks that Garam Masala will be lasting you the rest of your life (you can pass it on to the grandkids). Did you use the Post Punk Kitchen Banana Bread recipe? Looking forward to seeing the end result of the other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It's only about two tablespoons of the Masala.

      I haven't had the grapefruit and energy bite combo just yet, but they are tasty little nuggets. I used Happy Herbivore's recipe - probably too much sugar, but I'd make it again.

      Delete
  2. The dark greenness of the top picture is just what you need in winter weather - it's the colour of health. Banana bread is just as needed in winter, though from a comfort perspective! Curry sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly my thinking: greens and comfort!

      Delete
  3. ooooh yes! What a great haul! Can't wait to see how everything turns out (but I know it'll all be great, obviously!). That banana bread is perfection, I'm so jealous!! A warm piece of that for breakfast would really hit the spot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banana bread is delicious, but I need to experiment with cutting back the sugar - it was more cake than bread.

      The menu has turned out pretty well - I used pre made curry, and I think I like my own better!

      Delete
  4. Those bites are addictive! I'll hold the grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like grapefruit for a long time, not really sure how the turn happened! But, I will only eat them in winter, and no grapefruit juice... weird. Ha ha!

      Delete
  5. So funny, i'm the same- i will eat whole grapefruit basically five times a year or so and that's enough. No grapefruit juice either.
    Love those energy nuggets! banana bread is the only marginally acceptable form of banana if you ask me :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete