Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Fighting the Nose

I have successfully prepared, eaten, and enjoyed the menu items from my previous post, with the exception of one: carrot ginger soup.  It was on the menu for tonight, but a rhinovirus has infected my olfactory and I can't taste a damned thing, and without a smeller to enjoy the lovely gingery is scent...Why waste good food on tasteless tastebuds? When I do make it - it'll be this recipe: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2009/02/recipe-vegan-carrot-ginger-soup-two.html 

In the meantime, here are the others: oatmeal daily, Asian stir fry veggies with fresh rice noodles and Soyaki, and homemade yellow curry over potato, broccoli, and peas.



See you this weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I hope you get your smell back soon! Your food looks tasty.I love carrot ginger soup, think of how great it will smell after being deprived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My smell has nearly returned, thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. That stir fry looks like it has a shedload of vitamins in it - hopefully it will work healthful magic and you'll be back on the carrot and ginger before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been trying to pump in the vitamins, I'm nearly well!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Would the ginger maybe help clear your nose out though? Add a little extra? ;) That stir fry looks incredible! I see a lot of green in these pics and I"m sure the blueberries will help too.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm almost better. My olfactory is close to working, and I took your advice - I added an extra tablespoon of ginger paste. Yeowza! Spicy ;)

      Delete
  4. So much for enjoying the four day work week. The Stir-Fry looks restaurant quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long week, even without the head cold!

      Delete
    2. That is so funny, cuz I was thinking of putting in for last Friday off till i realized it was only a four day work week. Then I felt stupid. Maybe I will take off this Friday.

      Delete
  5. The Asian veggies are so pretty! What is the sauce?

    ReplyDelete