Sunday, January 3, 2016

End of Winter Break

I'm already thinking about the projects, activities, and trips I'd like to do this year - but sadly, I am not looking forward to the new semester.  My teaching load will be heavier than the fall, and a lot busier as I am on more committees (including running and being the emcee at the Senior Banquet), and developing the program for graduation. I'm going to set boundaries, and try to take care of myself on the personal front as a means to not go insane. Here is the last hurrah from winter break:
A trip downtown on New Year's Eve, no pictures of fireworks turned out but this shot of the train station looked okay.

New Year's Day movie: Star Wars in 3D


I helped my parents take down the Christmas tree and village, and then they took me out to dinner at HoHut, a restaurant that has you fill a bowl with ingredients - salad bar style- with broth and sauces of your choice, and cooks it in front of you on a hot stone.  

In an effort to switch up my oatmeal, I added mashed bananas, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a pinch of raw sugar.
I can definitely commit to a weekend post, and hope to also include Wednesdays as best I can!  Back to the grind, I go...

9 comments:

  1. very pretty train station shot.
    the Chinese dish looks great too. Hope you find some time for family friends, Remy and yrself this semester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should photograph the city more often! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Going mad is definitely not an option. I think it's the thinking of all the projects, activities and trips is what's going to get us through the next week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I agree wholeheartedly! No losing it, and staying focused on the happy stuff.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, I hope your busy schedule doesn't overwhelm you and that you are able to make time for yourself! It looks like you had a beautiful New Year's Eve and how fun to see Star Wars in 3D! The Chinese dish looks delicious and you know I love my oats with banana and cinnamon ;)

    I hope the adjustment back to work is smooth and painless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday was really rough, but yesterday and today have gone well!

      I am going to try to stay on top of self-care and time with friends and family! It comes down to earlier bedtimes, consistent workouts and lots of veggies.... I must do it!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shot of the train station! I may be the only one who hasn't seen (and doesn't want to see) the new star wars but afternoon movies are always a good idea. I bet hohut was actually easily vegan with that kind of pick and choose set up, sounds like a great idea actually. That does sound like a busy schedule this semester- I'm not very good on follow through for early bedtimes but the nights i can get an extra half hour or hour make all the difference in the world...!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I'm with you… zero interest in Star Wars haha. :)

      Delete
  5. Count me in as zero interest in Star Wars (although 3D might help make it interesting). Cant believe there is a restaurant actually named 'Hohut', or that your parents went there.

    ReplyDelete