Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wrapped & Sealed With a Kiss

Here is a final post for the holiday season, and for 2015! I can't believe the year is already at a close!
This is from the lobby at The Brown Palace Hotel, very festive. Also festive (and delicious) was this sweet bread made by a friend:
This week I've had Cocoa Oat Bran more than once for breakfast:
Leftover minestrone soup from Christmas Eve, and homemade cornbread muffins:
Vegan Tempeh Reuben sandwich from Subculture:
A batch of cheezy kale chips on the dehydrator:
I am so grateful for a blessed and healthy holiday season, spent with family and friends! I hope your December has been wonderful, and wish you all a Happy New Year! 

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!! Oh my goodness, the lobby looks so stunning! I love seeing how hotels and catering halls decorate for the holidays. It is always so beautiful and elegant. I'm so glad you have enjoyed your break and the holiday season! Looks like you enjoyed some yummy meals too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking down my few decorations today, it's going to be a little sad! The holidays are so much fun.

      I've enjoyed my break, and am sad to go back!!

      Delete
  2. Did your friend bake you a vegan sweetbread? that is really thoughtful. Was the Tempeh Reuben any good? i still feel you havent had a really great Reuben yet, but maybe I am wrong. Condolences on the break being over. That is why I never take more than one vacation day off at a time, it is just too horrible to go back after being off any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did! She went to pastry school, and was very careful with ingredients! It wasn't particularly one flavor - more like a yellow cake type of flavor, but with a glaze and mint flavored candies.

      It's going to be a lo haul to Spring Break! Ha ha!

      Delete
    2. *long haul, that is.

      The Reuben was okay, I think I don't love tempeh in sandwiches...

      Delete
  3. happy new year! May your 2016 be filled with more friends doing excellent baking, and enough kale chips to sink a ship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm vegan tempeh reuben.
    Beautiful hotel lobby. Were you there for an event? I find myself passing hotels often here and gazing in at how cheerily and well they've decorated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only at the hotel as a spectator! They were having high tea in the lobby, so it was chaotic enough that we could sneak upstairs!

      Delete